Mmmmm 1914 - Page 2

Mmmmm 1914

This is a discussion on Mmmmm 1914 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would pick it up, give it a good home and love it forever. If only I could afford a piece of history like that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mmmmm 1914

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I would pick it up, give it a good home and love it forever.

If only I could afford a piece of history like that.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Looks like we spend time in the same shop.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Post WWII a bunch of 1911's went through various depots and were basically stripped, all the parts thrown into boxes separating them by part, everything cleaned up and then all the parts were reassembled into pistols. So every now and then you'll see one with a stamp on it that notes which depot it went through, and you'll know that it's not necessarily 100% original, at least not every part was originally married to all the others. From what I understand the folks putting them back together would just reach into a box, grab a spring or a slide stop or a slide, and start building a pistol from parts.
    That's true of some of the Arsenal reworks, but not all of them. Some were disassemble and parts replaced as needed, or simply reassembled, some were only Parkerized, some of the M1911s were updated with M1911A1 parts, some were simply refinished (some were not refinished at all) and resembled using their M1911 parts. I had a M1911 (Colt receiver) Rock Island Arsenal (RIA) rework which only had it's side, barrel and stocks replaced with M1911A1 parts, the reminder of the pistol kept it's original M1911 parts.

barstoolguru likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links