Colt New Agent found a new home

This is a discussion on Colt New Agent found a new home within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stopped by my local gun store today looking for the new Sig 938 and came up short again... Been having the 1911 craving again for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Colt New Agent found a new home

Stopped by my local gun store today looking for the new Sig 938 and came up short again... Been having the 1911 craving again for some time and was willing to wait for the Sig, but the guy said it's gonna be a while and there's a waiting list. Damit man!, that's just cold. Okay, so sell me that Colt Ne Agent over there next to the Springfield EMP.

Took her to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it trying like hell to get used to the sights. Wait a minute, what sights? Anyway, took a a few mags to get the hang of it, but when I did, man this thing is accurate. Love it big-time. Got another trip to the range scheduled for this friday to stay acclimated to the "Trench sight system" and I hope the lack of sights will be something that will be easy to overcome because I really like this pistol. I've seen on the net where some folks have had a few issues with there NA's, but mine is solid and runs good. The only negative I have on it at this point is it doesn't seem to like Gold Dots, but loves the Critical Duty and PDX1 stuff. Oh well, not a big deal really as I've been sporting the CD stuff since it came out a few months back.

Here's another pic of the pistola, excuse the poor quality, it was taken with my iPhone, my wife has my camera; ya see, she's outa town visiting her parents for the week. You know what they say; while the cats away, gottabe's gonna play.

pistola likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I like'em. Just can't get over that sans sights thing. but it sure looks nice and compact, easy to carry. Congrads dude!
    Can't go wrong with a Colt!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

los
    Sights..? We dunt need no stenkin sights...

Congrats!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I've been carrying mine more and more lately.

The sights take some getting used to, but I've gotten to the point that I can hit soda cans at 5 yards, and keep a mag in the chest at 25...

I'm also experimenting with Crimson trace grips right now...and as much as I've not cared for them in the past, they kinda make sense on this pistol. Going to get together with some buddies for a nice long afternoon shooting session; may have to run a couple hundred rounds with the CT's and see.

And mine has run well with all ball ammo, Gold Dots, XTP's, Ranger-T and HST...really liikes Ranger-T. Choked on Barnes-X (original Taurus Hex Bullet loads).
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    Great pistol, I have seen them at a few gunshows and wondered how well that sight worked. Sounds like many other things, just takes a bit of practice. And you can never go wrong with a Colt.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sweet...you guys get all the cool stuff. I'm gonna have to start hitting the gun shops again and see if I can conjur up some cool stuff.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    It's a 1911, how could you go wrong!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That's a great little pistol. I love my GI.45 Micro Compact (note my avatar), and have learned to love the sights - or lack thereof - just as well.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

At 7' in a Wally World parking lot, sights won't help much...nice find!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I forgot to mention that it's a 9mm which is what really sold me on it. Looking forward to the range trip tomorrow and another couple hundred rounds of trench work. Anyway, thanks again gents.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Can you post some target pics? I would like to see what is possible at various distances with the trench sights.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Never even handled one of these, intriguing little gun. I'll have to look around.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Looks awesome man. Congrats
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    That looks like a lot of fun... Not quite so much on the 9mm part... but the trench sight looks like a LOT of fun to get used to.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Can you post some target pics? I would like to see what is possible at various distances with the trench sights.
    . Will do Gman. I should have something to post by Friday afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links