are Sigs worth the high cost $$$$

This is a discussion on are Sigs worth the high cost $$$$ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; seems lately i've been taking a interest in Sigs,by all accounts Sigs are top quality,top tier firearms but are they worth the high price? the ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: are Sigs worth the high cost $$$$

are Sigs worth the high cost $$$$

seems lately i've been taking a interest in Sigs,by all accounts Sigs are top quality,top tier firearms but are they worth the high price? the average suggested retail price of Sigs (depending on model) is somewhere around $1000.00 - $1500.00+,more then twice the cost of Glocks,M&P's,XD's,SR's etc...what's your thoughts on the cost and quality of Sigs vs other firearms ?

2. Remove Ads

not sure of the value but they are sure nice guns!

Just look at my forum name..................that should give you your answer.
    crue2009 likes this.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Quote Originally Posted by GotSig? View Post
    Just look at my forum name..................that should give you your answer.
    perfect

the only sig I've ever shot that I would ever buy is the 226, it's a great gun, solid, good ergos, great reliably but that is a full sized service type pistol. it would never serve a concealed carry purpose and I would never get one new because I can't justify spending 800 dollars for a handgun that unless I join law enforcement, is never going to save my life. I personally think that about 90% of all sigs are grossly overpriced for what you get. however sig has an almost cult like following so they can't be all bad. for me though, I would much rather spend $650 on an XDM or $550 for an M&P+trigger kit than the ungodly cost of a sig.

beware, a bunch of people are going to chime in with the sig 2022 that only costs as much as a Ruger SR9C, killed osama, twice, and makes whoever shoots it age backwards
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

I have a Sig P238 ... love it. It puts the LCP to shame. Light recoil, eats any ammo, and the sites are actually usable.

sent from my sending device

Absolutely! While I am snagging Glocks these days, SIGs are and forever will be my favorites. I have a 229 E2 40, a 229 Enhanced Elite 9, a 238, and a 226 Stainless Elite. They run perfect, and are extremely accurate. You should be able to get into a 226, a 229, or a 220 for under 900. Yes you can nearly buy two Glocks for the price of one SIG, but SIGs are certainly worth it. Snag one.

A 226 is pretty big, but don't let anyone tell you that a 229 is too big. I carry my 229 40 in a VMII all the time. It hides just fine.

Value.....like beauty....is in the eye of the beholder.
    sensei2 likes this.

I argue that SIG makes the best combat handguns on the planet. Personal opinion, so Glock fans can back 'er down. I trust my life and my family's life to a SIG P239 in .40S&W as my carry gun.

There is a reason that some of the best law enforcement and military units use SIGs. To hell and back reliable, dead accurate, very good customer service, and tons of frame and caliber options.

I cannot imagine you'd buy one, shoot it, learn it then think you overpaid.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Come to think of it the only problem you'll ever have with a SIG is your significant other. A drug habit is less expensive than a SIG addiction.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    "Are Sigs worth the high price"? Yes. You can always settle for a glock.
    kmagnuss likes this.

I have a couple of Sigs and scored a 220 Carry for 6.4 bills. I never thought that I would get one for less than 8 but my patience paid off. I have not shot it enough yet but what I have done it is very good. I like the de-cocker which allows me to carry with one in the pipe without having to remember swiping at a safety. I like hammer fired guns so I think that they are winners.

Well, of the multiple Sigs that I own, I have not paid over half of MSRP for any of them. That includes a Sig 220 w/night sights (my current carry gun), for under $450, and a 9mm 226 w/night sights for $500, and a couple others.

One of the main advantages of Sigs being so popular with law enforcement, is that there are often batches of police trade in Sig pistols. Yes, they come with finish wear, and you may want to buy a spring replacement kit (about $20), and you are limited to what is being traded in. But, I have seen trade in 220's, 225's, 226's (in 9mm and .40), 228's, and 229's (9mm and .40), which covers a large portion of the Sig line up. You usually don't get the fancy packages, or anything besides the DA/SA trigger, but this system has worked for me.

When I can get a Sig for the price of a Glock or XD, I'll take the Sig, even if I do need to replace the springs.
    kmagnuss and QKShooter like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

mkh
    YES!

I have a P229 in 9mm, an SP2022 in .40 and a Sui Ultra 1911 in .45. You can usually get the P series in the $800 -$900 range for new and the 2022 ( polymer frame) for around $400 and it probably has the best trigger of any Sig and is a bargain.

I have several XDs still but stepped put to Sigs for my carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Come to think of it the only problem you'll ever have with a SIG is your significant other. A drug habit is less expensive than a SIG addiction.
    NOT if she owns one as well. :)

sent from my sending device

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links