Got my hands on a Shield this afternoon.....

This is a discussion on Got my hands on a Shield this afternoon..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ........and had it promptly taken back by the salesman, who reminded me that this was the only one they had and it was spoken for. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Got my hands on a Shield this afternoon.....

Got my hands on a Shield this afternoon.....

........and had it promptly taken back by the salesman, who reminded me that this was the only one they had and it was spoken for. I told him it was cruel to display a coveted gun that was already purchased. He just smiled and said he told me it wasn't for sale before he handed it to me.

I must have one.

2. Remove Ads

I used to feel your pain...

Are all the Sheilds being exported by Eric Holder to the Mexican Drug Cartel? I haven't seen one ANYWHERE since the first week they came out.

My daughter is down visiting from Georgia this week....and has expanded her claim to several more of my pistol collection including my M&P 9C. If I lose the 9C I must fill the void. The Sheild would do nicely.
    Ram Rod likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Are all the Sheilds being exported by Eric Holder to the Mexican Drug Cartel? I haven't seen one ANYWHERE since the first week they came out.
    according to author James Tarr, who reviewed the Shield in the current Handguns magazine, S&W had 2,000 made prior to introducing them. they assumed this would be a two month supply. apparently they were wrong.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    I have fondled a "for display only" specimen. Seemed like a solid piece. Acceptable trigger. Thumb safety, meh.

I held and left at the store a .40 S&W Shield. I want a 9MM, one will come along.

Quote Originally Posted by reade View Post
    I held and left at the store a .40 S&W Shield. I want a 9MM, one will come along.
    I'm holding out for the 40.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I was at the store when it came in at my local gun shop and the next day it sold.... it was amazing holding it can't wait to fire it!!!!

What store had the 40?

I have the 9mm, incredible firearm. Will be worth the weight, enjoy the hunt.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I held one a while ago when they first came out also. Felt really nice and I believe that I will also own one before its over.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member
    Reasoning?
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

M&P Unobtanium edition

I've been searching for either caliber although I would prefer a 9. I was kind of hoping the XDs release would free a few up but doesn't look like it did. Anyone have reliable information on when they will start to ship more?
    preachertim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

My daughter is down visiting from Georgia this week....and has expanded her claim to several more of my pistol collection including my M&P 9C. If I lose the 9C I must fill the void. The Sheild would do nicely.
    Zonker, I see you're in Orlando - I'm not sure which part but you may want to call the Shoot Straight in Lakeland - I've been in there 3 times over the last several weeks and they've had the Shield each time. If you're willing to drive over to Polk County last I knew they had them in stock.

Actually BugDude, Polk's not too far from the west coast either depending on what part you're in.I was checking out the 9mm but I THINK they had the .40 too. It may be worth a phone call if the drive is reasonable
    Last edited by Lish; June 21st, 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: To include BugDude

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I got my hands on a 40 about 4 weeks back. So far it's been very solid. I can't say that I'm on the bandwagon of "wow, it just fits perfect in the hand". It drops into your grip well enough but it wasn't a magic moment. Over these past weeks I find myself slowly gravitating to the Shield more and more. It's moving up the pecking order of my carry line up. While I stated that the grip isn't magical standing in the lgs, it becomes much better at the range. Double tap on a 40 is something that may take extra time to master due to muzzle flip. With the Shield it seems a natural process. Or at least it lends itself very nicely to a double. I bought the Shield 40 because I liked the caliber to size ratio....if that made sense. I do like the M&P's so that was resolved in advance. I saw them online and figured yep, that's worth a look. What I didn't know was that they were brand new and hot. So with ignorance warmly tucked away in my heart, I contacted a great shop down in Vass and okey do key, I got me one. The Lord watches for fools I guess. But this little black piece of Tupperware is moving from yeah, it's worth a try to wow, I think I really love this one. And btw, no issues at approximately 400 rounds. They do need to loosen up a bit. If you get one you'll find it very tight out of the box. I'm still not a huge fan of the trigger but I'm settling into it and it seems part and parcel with the platform.

Good luck. I'd definitely do it again.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links