Ruger LCR wth Tamer grips and XS night sight

This is a discussion on Ruger LCR wth Tamer grips and XS night sight within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wmhawth For me the boot grip just doesn't work. Too slick and too small for a controllable purchase on the gun. All ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ruger LCR wth Tamer grips and XS night sight

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    For me the boot grip just doesn't work. Too slick and too small for a controllable purchase on the gun. All that can be said for it is that it conceals well. The Tamer is the way to go in my humble opinion.
    But the boot grip is a Tamer. I can control it very well with the boot grip. My hands are not large at all.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

have the LCR 357 with tamer grip and XS sight that I put on.when I first got this gun it became my EDC replaceing my SP 101 for the weight difference.the only thing I dident like was how the tamer grip grabed my shirt.I ordered the boot grip from ruger and found out it almost to slick to keep a good grip.well to make along story short I really liked the SP orignal grips so got dremal out and cut groves in the boot grip like the SP insert.well it helped alot and I could still shoot my RGS 357 and control the gun.But it still dident feel as good as reg. tamer grips but because of the shirt grabing and printing I kept the modifyed boot grips on. well other night while goeing through different web sights about small revolvers I came across how to make rubber grips slick so they dont grab clothes.all you have to do is clean the grip with lighter fluid and let dry overnight.Then paint the grip with clear satin polurethane an let dry in direct sunlight.Idid mine today and it worked great,no more grabing. give it a try

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill35738 View Post
    have the LCR 357 with tamer grip and XS sight that I put on.when I first got this gun it became my EDC replaceing my SP 101 for the weight difference.the only thing I dident like was how the tamer grip grabed my shirt.I ordered the boot grip from ruger and found out it almost to slick to keep a good grip.well to make along story short I really liked the SP orignal grips so got dremal out and cut groves in the boot grip like the SP insert.well it helped alot and I could still shoot my RGS 357 and control the gun.But it still dident feel as good as reg. tamer grips but because of the shirt grabing and printing I kept the modifyed boot grips on. well other night while goeing through different web sights about small revolvers I came across how to make rubber grips slick so they dont grab clothes.all you have to do is clean the grip with lighter fluid and let dry overnight.Then paint the grip with clear satin polurethane an let dry in direct sunlight.Idid mine today and it worked great,no more grabing. give it a try
    How about some pics of the LCR with the grips.

I took my SP101 to the Range to see how it was to shoot with my new XS Standard Dot Night Sight. I am so used to shooting the LCR357 that I think I like it better for shooting practice. Maybe I need a Hogue Grip on the SP? Those who have the Hogue on the SP, how is it?

Ruger KLCR .357mag., Hogue Tamer Grips (standard fare), XS Big Dot Sights, CorBon DPX or Speer Gold Dot .357mag. 125gr. ammo, Mitch Rosen Pancake OWB/Simply Rugged Silver Dollar OWB, Blade Tech UHC IWB/PJHolster IWB (Remora/Sticky Holsters IWB for "quick runs"), and a lot of shooting practice. Now, that is a combination that is very hard to beat for me.YMMV.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Mine has the boot grip. I think I might do Eagle Secret Service grips on it, or try the Tamer grip. The boot grip feels slicker than it is, it's not any harder to shoot it than any other snubby.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    How does the pinkie wrap on that grip?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    How does the pinkie wrap on that grip?
    Two finger hold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links