Collector piece, or just somewhat hard to find color? G19 FDE

Collector piece, or just somewhat hard to find color? G19 FDE

This is a discussion on Collector piece, or just somewhat hard to find color? G19 FDE within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had sold off my Gen 2 G19 to get a G26 some years ago, and the wife recently "adopted" my G26, so I have been ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Collector piece, or just somewhat hard to find color? G19 FDE

Arrow Collector piece, or just somewhat hard to find color? G19 FDE

Had sold off my Gen 2 G19 to get a G26 some years ago, and the wife recently "adopted" my G26, so I have been searching for a G19 to bring back to the stable. After no luck finding anything used that was in decent shape, I stumbled across a G19 in Flat Dark Earth, with a blued slide. The LGS told me it was a special run, limited edition and once sold would be no more....plus it was priced at $500 out the door, so I took it home, once I added Trijicon night sights, of course!

I then researched a bit on the net, and haven't seen many Gen3 FDE for sale, and the few I found were selling at about $580-600. I have not taken it to the range yet, as I still have a BP9CC and a Beretta 92FS to break in, but my question is pretty simple:

do you think the FDE Gen 3 G19 should be put away, or is just a neat color combo that isn't really going to be worth saving or storing away?

I am not much one for putting guns away in a safe, but since it is bought and paid for, if it does have any real "collector value" I might could pocket $100 and pick up a "tactical-blacktical" Glock and put the bonus funds towards something else!
    Attached Images

I would shoot it and or carry it. If it is destined to become a collectible, being used won't make much difference IMO. Now...if you come across any FDE Glock magazines I want to know about it! Glock on!

lipseys homepage has them

Lipsey's has the Gen 4 G19 in FDE....

Mine is the much more rare and sought-after Gen3!;)

I personally can't imagine ANY Glock ever being collectible. Too many made. I'll probably be wrong though. Maybe all of my Black Gen II's will be worth Bazillions in 14 bazillion years............
    9mmHP likes this.

Shoot the Glock. Only Glock I would not shoot much would be a G18 if I had one.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have one.......... I shoot and carry it. GLOCKs of almost any stripe are pretty available, and who knows? They could start producing them again any time they would want.

VIP Member
    Use it
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I have a G17 in the FDE color and a G30 in the OD color - I carry both on a regular basis and dont worry about their rarity.

With that said, when they first came out in April, I was lucky enough to buy an FDE Gen 4 G19 and another FDE Gen 4 G17 to make some cash when they sold out - sold the G19 for 660 and the G17 for 700 - I made about a $300 profit. I will be keeping the other FDE G17 however as I really do love the color.

I have heard that in the Fall there will be another run of the FDE Glocks - enough to not make them so rare. So carry and enjoy your G19!!!

Links