Defensive Carry banner

CZ 2075 RAMI - Great Service

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  clarkston_cz 
#1 ·
As I was cleaning my pistols after my range trip a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a strange bulge in the grip frame of my CZ 2075 RAMI (2.5 year old polymer version pistol with roughly 1,200 rounds ... serves as my occasional carry) :aargh4:.

I contacted CZ customer service to put their warranty to the test (since none of my CZs had ever required repair to date), and as I explained my problem to the CS Rep, he indicated that I should immediately return the pistol, arranged to have FedEx email me a shipping label, and indicated that I would receive a call as soon as they had the opportunity to evaluate the pistol.

I shipped it out later that day and confirmed delivery at CZ the following day (Friday). I received a call the following Monday at about 3:00 indicating that it was not repairable and that they will be shipping me a brand new pistol by Wednesday (the newer alloy version of the RAMI) :smile:. I actually received the new pistol on Wednesday which was a day sooner than expected and with 2 additional magazines that I didn't expect :biggrin2:. To get absolutely no hassle and have the entire problem resolved in one week is pretty darn good customer service IMHO :yup:

THE NEW PISTOL

THE RANGE REPORT

My thoughts for what they are worth are as follows:

Fit and Finish - The forged steel slide and aluminum alloy frame fit extremely well and the black polycoat finish was flawless. The RAMI has the typical 75 series full length slide grooves inside the frame which provides for an excellent slide to frame fit (the secret to the consistent accuracy of the 75 series pistols IMHO).

Action - The action was smooth and cycled perfectly during the function check as well as with live fire. It chewed up 80 rounds of Federal Champion (115 gr) and 20 rounds of Winchester Ranger T (147gr) without a single failure of any kind.

Trigger - While the trigger has a significant amount of travel in DA, it was relatively smooth and had a crisp break. It measured about 6 lbs in DA and just under 3 lbs in SA. All in all it was about the same as the polymer RAMI and frankly not bad for a carry pistol and I expect that it will get even better with additional dry firing and rounds down range.

Sights - Fixed front sight with fully adjustable low profile rear sight. After an initial slight adjustment to the rear sight (shooting just a little low and left out of the box), the POI was consistent with the POA.

Accuracy - While I spent quite a bit of my practice using it for my typical self defense drills (and it functioned perfectly), I did test it for accuracy as well. As with my initial RAMI, it easily held 1" 3 shot off hand groups at 7 yards which is pretty good for a defensive pistol with a 3" barrel (please pardon the little additional fun I had on photobucket :redface:).

One final thought. The biggest surprise to me was just how much better the alloy version (with replaceable grip panels) felt in my hands over the molded polymer grip version. It was night and day IMO. All in all, while I was disappointed that my original RAMI had an unrepairable defect, I am very pleased with the new pistol and expect it will be spending quite a bit of time as my carry pistol.

See less See more
#2 ·
The biggest surprise to me was just how much better the alloy version (with replaceable grip panels) felt in my hands over the molded polymer grip version. It was night and day IMO.
Same with me. The alloy 2075 RAMI, P-01 and others just feel so much better. A set of after-market grips on my CZ P-01 made all the difference, allowing for much-improved grip over the standard rubber-like grip panels. Of course, proper checkering on the front and back straps would do wonders, beyond the simple vertical grooves.

#4 ·
... A set of after-market grips on my CZ P-01 made all the difference, allowing for much-improved grip over the standard rubber-like grip panels. Of course, proper checkering on the front and back straps would do wonders, beyond the simple vertical grooves.
I added the Hogue wraparound rubber grips (with the finger grooves) on my 75 B and like them a lot. I would get a set for the RAMI but unfortunately Hogue doesn't make them :frown:

#3 ·
I'm glad my RAMI P doesn't have a bulge, but know you will be quite pleased with the alloy version.
Mine is going on 10 flawless years now, so I thought it needed a break.

The RAMI P is a bit lighter and fits almost as nice as my first RAMI.

I play around with other guns, but always come back to my RAMIs:)

My next one with be the RAMI BD with the very safe decocker and factory nites as well.

I've been wanting one since the day I saw this pic.

So badly that I put it one my business card.

My plan is to pick up a stainless RAMI but they are hard to find these days.

Well, enough about me..

What carry load and holster are you using?

Enjoy your new gun.

KEV

#5 ·
... Well, enough about me ... What carry load and holster are you using?
Kev ... My EDC is my Springfield 1911 micro-compact loaded with Ranger T 230 gr JHP, and it rides in a CB Supertuck. When I carry the RAMI (about 20% of the time), it's loaded with Ranger T 147 gr JHP and also rides in a Supertuck

#6 ·
very nice there.

The older I get..the more i appreciate the smaller but still powerful guns.

Ranger T is an excellent load.

I've never seen any HST or other Federal LE stuff around here, mostly because I live 1.5 miles from ATK/SPEER.

The HST must ship out to the east.

Anyhow, I've shot a bit of RANGER in 9mm and .357 SIG.

I'm still convinced that the Barnes X bullet is superior to all of them though.

#9 ·
Frame bugding problem

I just purchased a 2075P and have put about 300 rounds thru it. I never heard of this problem until I stumbled across this forum last night. I had a close look at my pistol and it also has a slight buldge on the right side at the other one is illust rated in the photos. I plan on calling them in the morning to see how they are going to handle this. I heard sometimes they just replace the frame with the alum version. The serial number is a concern since I can only carry specifically by serial number listed on my CCW permit.

#10 ·
Mine has been absolutely flawless in performance (2075 BD)! Amazingly accurate, I only wish CZ would see fit to introduce the 2075 Rami BD in 357Sig!

I frequent the CZ Forum and learned about the "frame bulge" there, however, almost to a "T", owners of the 2075P have been
extremely happy with CZ-USA's response regarding the bulge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.