Glock 19 or Glock 26 - Page 2

Glock 19 or Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got both, although my wife mostly uses the 26. I'd prefer the 19. The 26 takes some time to get used to due to ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Glock 19 or Glock 26

I've got both, although my wife mostly uses the 26.

I'd prefer the 19. The 26 takes some time to get used to due to the short grip. It's a fine gun, though.

The 19 disappears in your pants as easily as the 26 and has 5 more rounds. If you're only considering CC, there is not need for the 26, IMHO.

All Glocks are great guns.

I've got a 26 and 36, I love my 26 and it's a tack driver, it just takes a little bit to get use to the grip but only about a box of ammo and you're ready to rock and roll.

I have a G19 and love it. But I would never say no to adding another Glock.
    glockcoma likes this.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Love my Glock 26. With a clip extender, the grip is perfect....

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Funny you would bring this up...Stopped at Gander Mountain just today to get both in my hands for a free feel...can't get a 4 finger grip on 26 and I don't really like that idea. 19 fits my hand perfectly with a full finger grip. GM's prices are stupid for the 19 so for sure will purchase from my LGS. Both are nice 26 not all that much smaller than 19 but the grip is the deal breaker for me.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

This is a no brainer (like already mentioned). You can never have enough.

Get the 26 and alternate your CC. 19 mags and 17 mags fit right in so if you want extra rounds, there they are. I had a 19 and want another one and if I had one, I'd have no issues carry a 19 for CC. I have a 26 and use it strictly for CC and LOVE IT.

Get the damn 26!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hawks4ever View Post
    Love my Glock 26. With a clip extender, the grip is perfect....

is there a clip extender for the Glock?

;-)

Cheers to reviving a 5 month old thread!

Anyways, I have a Gen 4 27 and love it. I put the pierce +1 extension on thinking getting the pinky on the grip would be better, but it didn't make the recoil any better.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Cheers to reviving a 5 month old thread!

Anyways, I have a Gen 4 27 and love it. I put the pierce +1 extension on thinking getting the pinky on the grip would be better, but it didn't make the recoil any better.
    I didn't even look at the dates when I posted, haha. I had to dig on the guy who confused clips and magazines though. It's a pet peeve of mine when discussing firearms. ;-)

Since this thread has been revived, I'll add my .02. I own both and they both serve a purpose (for me). IMO if you are going to add a pinky or mag extension to a G26, then you might as well just get the 19. The advantage to the 26 is its smaller size, especially in the grip frame.

Since many of you love the 19's lol I have a question. I have been looking at the 19, right now I carry a Ruger sr9c. I like how the 19 feels in the hand. I have been reading here and there that while the glock is a great gun in many ways it is not accurate as other guns. Is this true or just something that is going around about glocks?
    Last edited by minimalbrat; November 29th, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I bought a gen3 G19...and wish I had picked the G26 instead.
    As you know, the G19 is a great gun...simple, accurate, completely reliable.
    But I have large hands...so my fingers ride those 'grip humps', with my pinky resting on the gap between the bottom of the grip and Glocks' ridiculous non-flush mag base-plate.
    It's not only uncomfortable...but I get a poor purchase on the pistol.
    The G26 on the other hand...provides me with a far better-fit...a solid 2-finger grip (pinky's out-of-the way underneath).
    Before purchasing any handgun...be sure to hold/try it out first. You may change your mind.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member

Glock 19 or Glock 26

Get the 26 to complement the 19
    You never can have enough
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

There is little to no difference in the two for carry. If you hold both side-by-side, they aren't that different. IMHO, carry the G19. You get more rounds, a larger grip frame, slightly longer sight radius, a little more weight over the front of the gun for less recoil. I like both guns, but there really isn't anything that you can do with one that you can't do with the other.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Quote Originally Posted by XDshooter View Post
    There is little to no difference in the two for carry. If you hold both side-by-side, they aren't that different. IMHO, carry the G19. You get more rounds, a larger grip frame, slightly longer sight radius, a little more weight over the front of the gun for less recoil. I like both guns, but there really isn't anything that you can do with one that you can't do with the other.
    There are many, many people who would agree with this and for those that do, the G19 19 works. If you are comfortable carrying the 19, then you really don't need the 26.

I personally do find a difference significant enough that I carry the 26 but never the 19, and I do own both.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links