Glock 19 or Glock 26 - Page 3

Glock 19 or Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was the same as you. I bought my G19 Gen4, noticed how it didn't conceal COMPLETELY, and bought a smaller gun for situations when ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Glock 19 or Glock 26

I was the same as you. I bought my G19 Gen4, noticed how it didn't conceal COMPLETELY, and bought a smaller gun for situations when I don't want to print at all. I looked at the G26, but it is just as thick as the 19 and had a tendency to make my right hip look a little wider. I went with an M&P Shield instead. There is a G26 in my future, but not for a while now that I have my shield
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Tdhurl1103 View Post
    I didn't even look at the dates when I posted, haha. I had to dig on the guy who confused clips and magazines though. It's a pet peeve of mine when discussing firearms. ;-)
    No worries! I just like to stir the pot from time to time.

As far as the topic goes, I have the G27 and love it from both a carrying and shooting standpoint. One of my magazines have the Pierce +2 extensions on it essentially making it feel like a G23, but I honestly wasn't to fond of it at the range and for carrying IWB. I'll stick with my 27.

I've owned a G26 G4 but never really liked it compared to my XDsc. So, I sold it. However, earlier this month I purchased NIB ($398 LE/Military) G19 G4 and very pleased with it. Shoots well. Very CCW IWB doable w/Blade-Tech Nano. In fact, called Blade-Tech yesterday and in 2-3 weeks I'll have the IWB Nano holster for my Walther PPQ40, too. I digress...

IMO, hands down go with a Glock 19.
    glockcoma likes this.
    USMC/Army Ret, NRA/TSRA/TxCCA/USCCA/TX CHL; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, Stoeger Cougar 8040F, Taurus PT745 Pro/PT140 Pro/TCP738FS, EMP9, M&P9c, G4G30 & G4G19 both w/TruGlo TFOs, Bersa BP9cc, KelTec PF9, 12 ga Mossberg 500 JIC Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by XDshooter View Post
    There is little to no difference in the two for carry.
    Actually I am of the opinion there is a significant difference. I own a G27 and can tell you as long as you use the flush fit mag, it is MUCH easier to conceal. Simple test, place the G19 in an IWB holster at the 4 oclock position and bend forward (as if tying a shoe) or sit on a bench and reach forward. Then do the same with the G26. The G19 grip will bulge out like no tomorrow whereas the G26 will not. Therein lies the difference.

If you have the stupid mag extensions, then I agree, there is little difference.
    sparkykb likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Although I am not a Glock fan, I will have to say that I would be lost if I did not have my G26. Excellent investment...
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by XDshooter View Post
    There is little to no difference in the two for carry. If you hold both side-by-side, they aren't that different. IMHO, carry the G19. You get more rounds, a larger grip frame, slightly longer sight radius, a little more weight over the front of the gun for less recoil. I like both guns, but there really isn't anything that you can do with one that you can't do with the other.
    Your comment clearly shows us that you have never carried both. There is a big difference concealing a 19 over a 26. I can carry my 27 IWB without any printing, but if I use the Pierce +1 magazine extension, the end of the magazine will stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Although I am not a Glock fan, I will have to say that I would be lost if I did not have my G26. Excellent investment...
    Holy self contradiction Batman!! Welcome to the GLOCK fan club, the kool-aid and cookies are artisan.
    glockcoma likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Since many of you love the 19's lol I have a question. I have been looking at the 19, right now I carry a Ruger sr9c. I like how the 19 feels in the hand. I have been reading here and there that while the glock is a great gun in many ways it is not accurate as other guns. Is this true or just something that is going around about glocks?
    I believe accuracy has more to do with the shooter than the pistol. Sure some factors in pistols lend to it's ability to be more accurate such as barrell length, sight radius, sights, weight, recoil, etc. As far as defensive pistols go we're not going to be using them to finish driving nails into an attacker, we just need to get good hits in center mass which is a fairly large area from a distance of 5 to 7 yards. Combat accuracy is what we need, while bullseye accuaracy would be nice we can't hope to have that kind of time when the SHTF.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Re: Glock 19 or Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Your comment clearly shows us that you have never carried both. There is a big difference concealing a 19 over a 26. I can carry my 27 IWB without any printing, but if I use the Pierce +1 magazine extension, the end of the magazine will stick out.
    Yes and no... A lot here depends on how the real estate around one's mid section is laid out. I borrowed a 26 from my dad for a good 2 months and concealed it no better than my 19. However he borrowed my 19 and had grip printing issues. He carries behind hip... I carry appendix. The 26 has no benefit for me, or but dad can't do without it. Honestly I can appendix carry a 17 with only minimal amounts more printing than a 26, without wearing a huge shirt.

sent via iCarry

between the two I'd get a G19, was going to get a G26 with my GSSF pistol purchase coupon but decided just to use it on a G17 and I had Lou @ BEC chop the grip on one of my G19s. best of both worlds I think, I appendix carry and that bit off the grip helps not print through the shirt as well as the slide length of the G19 helps keep itself in place on your waist. (ive owned a G27 before and it tended to come up and roll appendix carry becuase the slide length was short)

You can't go wrong with a 19!...half of the handguns in my safe are Glock 19's, and yes gen 4s work too contrary to poplular belief no problems with both of mine!
    glockcoma likes this.

get the G26.. i want to get one, but already have the beretta nano.

Have both(the G19 was FREE from the old job)and the G26 was a gift from the wife("semi-free"?)....but if you ALREADY got the 19...enjoy it. Spend(less)money on a good holster/mag pouch and spare mags. My $02.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

In New York state, we can only have a 10 round magazine. My Glock 26 holds 10 rounds and does not print as easy.

Having carried both the 19 and 26 A LOT, I have finally concluded that my preference for CCW, by a small margin, is the 26. I conceal it either IWB or OWB a tad bit better, it's a tad bit lighter, and it still gives me what I feel is sufficient capacity. The 19 is, IMO, one of the best all-around pistols you can own...but the 26 is simply designed for CCW. Ergo; one should have both; as well as a full-size model and a Glock in .45 ACP too. Conclusion: A well rounded collection of Glocks could consist of - G17, G19, G26 and G36. You may diverge as you see fit for caliber etc. I would add more but it's time to go stare at the safe and decide which of my pistolas is going to go to Wally World with me this morning.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Someone here mentioned "investment"...I have heard (hearsay) that due to the tremendous amount of Glocks that have flooded the market the resale on these things is next to nothing....(supply and demand)....and if you're gonna invest in one best plan on keeping it or loose your tail on resale or trade in.

any thoughts from youse that has em.......I really do want the 26 but............................................... ........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links