Glock 19 or Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like both a lot. Get whichever you can cary confortably....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Glock 19 or Glock 26

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I like both a lot. Get whichever you can cary confortably.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    liking the sub compact g26, i wanted bigger bang so went with the G27. Got the longer mags and added the xgrip extentions to them and it is one fine piece of equipment.

This thread pushed me over the line! I've been a glock holdout for a long time. I've been carrying an XDS for larger caliber, but hated the low round count. I finally decided to switch to 9mm for the higher round count, but couldn't decide between the 19 and 26. Somebody made the point that you could make a 26 larger, but you couldn't make a 19 smaller. Well that did it. I went out and bought a 26 yesterday. I will carry the 10 round mag in the summer under a t shirt or whatever, then in the winter, under heavier clothing, I'll carry it with the 15 round mag. So effectively, I have both guns, kind of. I love the Glock by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by watershed View Post
    This thread pushed me over the line! I've been a glock holdout for a long time. I've been carrying an XDS for larger caliber, but hated the low round count. I finally decided to switch to 9mm for the higher round count, but couldn't decide between the 19 and 26. Somebody made the point that you could make a 26 larger, but you couldn't make a 19 smaller. Well that did it. I went out and bought a 26 yesterday. I will carry the 10 round mag in the summer under a t shirt or whatever, then in the winter, under heavier clothing, I'll carry it with the 15 round mag. So effectively, I have both guns, kind of. I love the Glock by the way!
    Congrats! Like I said in an earlier post on this thread I LOVE my G26. The size, weight, proven reliability and accuracy are the reasons I'm sold on it as one of my CC options. I too utilize 2 G19 mags as options for my G26. I think you'll find that the G26 is a little gun that shoots much more like a bigger gun. In other words, very little recoil with big gun accuracy. Welcome to the family!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nem
    26 and 19 are my favorite pistols right now. ..... so I would still recommend getting a 26 also.

Recommend gap floor plates also. ....imo, much better feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Get the G26, make it a 3rd Gen. With your 19 mags you can have 2 guns in one.
    Exactly what I do. Get the after market collar to fill in the space left with the 19 mag and you're good.

I love my G19. I owned a G26. It's gone now. I don't find it hard to conceal the G19 at all. Even under a t-shirt. I don't wear oversized clothing either. It doesn't fit with my age group. Doesn't seem harder (to me) to carry than the G26 was. I am not a big guy either at 5' 8" / 170lbs. Ymmv.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Get both. I did, and I haven't regretted it. The 26 is a phenomenal gun...a subcompact that shoots as well as a full size pistol. I love my 19, but if I could only keep one gun it'd probably be the 26 just because it shoots so damn well. Just do yourself a favor and avoid the pinky extensions. Train until you're used to the two finger grip, you'll get a more concealable package out of it and you shouldn't be overly relying on your pinky anyway.
    cltyus1 and G26Realtor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    Get both. I did, and I haven't regretted it. The 26 is a phenomenal gun...a subcompact that shoots as well as a full size pistol. I love my 19, but if I could only keep one gun it'd probably be the 26 just because it shoots so damn well. Just do yourself a favor and avoid the pinky extensions. Train until you're used to the two finger grip, you'll get a more concealable package out of it and you shouldn't be overly relying on your pinky anyway.
    +1
    I have extensions on mags I intend as backups. Flush fit for maximum concealability while carrying.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

My sister loaned me a Glock 26 for two months while I was looking around for a decent EDC weapon. I have medium to smallish hands, and the 26 just didn't feel right. (But then, my previous experience was with Colt .45 ACP and a Berretta 92F service pistols, so derned tootin' the small Glock felt a little strange.) I did like the locks, though, and eventually bought a G19 Gen 3, which has been my favorite ever since.

As the local social threats kept rising, I got a G22 to have a little heavier artillery with the same ammo capacity. Then, as all good things seem to come in threes, the week before last I rounded out the collection with a G30. I wanted a G30S, but those are not to be found anywhere around here at the moment. But I got a very nice deal from my LGS on a Glock 30 SF, and it is quickly winning my heart.

If your plans are EDC, you will be very happy with either a G19 or a G23, depending on just how heavy you want your artillery to be. The G30 in my experience is becoming the ideal, but it's a fraction of an inch wider than either of the G19, 23, and 22s, so your kydex holsters for your G19/23 will be too small/tight, and even the leather ones will be a very tight fit. That's where I'm still trying to come to a happy medium, though I can comfortably fit the 30 into a pocket of my baggy jeans...

I don't own a Glock 19, but can speak to the Glock 26. Believe it or not, I shoot my 26 nearly as well as my Ed Brown 1911. I also own a Glock 30sf, but for some reason I just don't shoot it as well as the 26. I carry my 26 with the extended mag (12+1) and carry a spare Glock 19 mag downloaded to 14 rounds. I have nearly 4,000 rounds through the 26 without a single failure of any kind. It's a gen 3. Like they say.....you can make the 26 larger, but you can't make the 19 smaller. I think the 26 is a great carry piece.
    cltyus1 likes this.

I have both. I carry both (but not at the same time.) The G26 is a little easier to conceal than the G19, but only a little. The G19 feels like I can shoot it slightly better at more distant targets, but only a little. Since I can't decide between them, obviously you should get them both.
    liquid150 likes this.

Both will do the job. Pick the one you like, can shoot well, and can carry comfortably. I only have the G19 so far, but eventually will get a G26 most likely.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I did not like the way the grip felt on my G26.

But since the hump locks the gun in my palm and I shoot the little thing so well I decided to keep it.

Got to keep your priorities in order.

Jim

I own both. Use the 19 at the range, and carry the 26. I have small hands so the grip size of the 26 is not an issue for me.

Pug

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links