Kahr k9's for cheap at cdnn

This is a discussion on Kahr k9's for cheap at cdnn within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 299.00 or 329.00 with night sights. I just ordered mine with night sights, and he said that they are all listed as very good to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kahr k9's for cheap at cdnn

Talking Kahr k9's for cheap at cdnn

299.00 or 329.00 with night sights. I just ordered mine with night sights, and he said that they are all listed as very good to excellent shape, and the guy said he looked at them and they look pretty good. I don't know if there is any etiquette or rules about posting gun deals, but these will be gone in a heartbeat and I figured they might as well go to defensive carry members.

I was kicking myself for not getting them when they were 400.00 at aim surplus for standard sights. I can't believe they are priced so low.
    Last edited by KSP; June 27th, 2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: just adding more
    atctimmy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Are they NYPD trade-ins?

Do you know if the CDNN pistols are NYPD trade-ins?

Thanks

I would be willing to bet these are indeed the NYPD trade-ins. The NYPD caused a run on Glock 26's when they took Kahr off their approved list.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Be prepared for a looong trigger

Great little pistol though, i carried one for a little over a year

100% reliable
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I had a cw9 that I really liked that I sold to a friend who really really liked it. I even have a few mags leftover. And this has to be the nypd trade in. I've been looking at used kahr k9 prices for long time, and they've suddenly dropped like a stone since the announcement. And they're being sold in bulk at surplus outlets. I love it. I've been pining for a k9 but couldn't justify over 600 for a new one. :)

I'm seriously considering getting two, just because. You guys better call soon before I really get greedy.

I have a MK9 and way too many another 9mm pistols to justify the normal price of a K9 but I still want one. I was concerned about the NYPD trigger but for $300 I'll roll the dice.

I too considered getting 2 but I decided against it. I figured I'd let one more person reap the benefits.

These have the 12lb NYPD triggers on them?

I may be wrong, but I thought that the difference is in the length of the trigger pull, and not so much the trigger pull weight.

Heck at that price, I grabbed one. Salesman said the night sights are in good shape.

The salesman my wife talked to told her they are not NYPD trade-ins. I told her to ask (she's taking care of it since I'm on a military deployment). I don't know if that's true or not. If they are not NYPD guns, where did they come from?

Really for the price I don't much care though.

VIP Member
    "Holy Bleep Batman", thats an insanely good price, w/nitesights, and if they are not NYPD trades.

Wish I could pull a couple in. . So broke I can't pay attention.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If anyone is still interested they got another 150 in today.

That's a really good price for this pistol, but I personally don't see the need that it fills. It's heavy for it's capacity, too heavy and large for pocket carry, doesn't conceal particularly well due to the only grips being available are rubber (Hogue), which stick to cover garments, or wood grips from Kahr that make it fatter in the grip than a Glock 19. (I know, I own a G19 and have owned a K40). If someone made some slim grip panels for it, I could see it being useful for someone who doesn't like polymer frame pistols. If I was in a position to blow $300 just for fun (plus shipping and transfer fee, probably closer to $350), this might be appealing, except for Kahr's inability to make a reliable magazine for its 9mm offerings.

I'll pass on this one. Feels good to not blow money on something that I don't need, just because it's a great deal.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Going to pick mine up now, will report back later.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    These have the 12lb NYPD triggers on them?
    The reason the NYPD dropped the K9 was because Kahr refused to put a 12# trigger in the gun. These are police trade-ins, come with the standard longer trigger, (1/2" pull), standard weight of pull, (around 7#), are reported as very dirty, some show more wear than others. Night sights are dim to good and cost $30 extra. Most people reporting in after cleaning the guns are that they are very happy. Some reports of large amounts of crud and grease, but that can be fixed. Some are black finish, most are stainless.

If I didn't already have a K9, I'd surely buy one of these. What a deal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links