Lousy month

This is a discussion on Lousy month within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to send my late model Gen 3 19 back to Glock for extractor/ejector updates. Brass in the face sucks. But they will fix ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yankeejib

Thread: Lousy month

Lousy month

I had to send my late model Gen 3 19 back to Glock for extractor/ejector updates. Brass in the face sucks. But they will fix it. So, to console myself I picked up and M&P 9 this evening. Got the range kit setup. First thing I noticed was that the mag followers were not blued. Weird. But hey, maybe M&P 9s are that way. The 40 at the store had blued followers, as does my 357. No biggie. Time to clean it. Ejected the mag, locked the slide, lowered the sear disengage, and rotated the takedown lever. It popped right back. Again. And again. And again. Then it stayed in position, until I released the slide. Then it popped back. I was able to awkwardly hold the takedown lever in position and release the slide. Cleaned and reassembled. Had to hold the lever in place until I got the slide far enough on. Went back to the shop and tried it with the 40 he has. That worked fine. He will call Smith in the morning. Probably headed back.

As I said, lousy month.

2. Remove Ads

Shoulda bought a Hi-Point.

Just joking. That's awful. Nothing worse than new stuff not working right. Luckily, when you buy respected brands, they usually back it up with good CS. My Smith came back from the shop with an extra mag. Kinda nice.
    Rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Shoulda bought a Hi-Point.

Just joking. That's awful. Nothing worse than new stuff not working right. Luckily, when you buy respected brands, they usually back it up with good CS. My Smith came back from the shop with an extra mag. Kinda nice.
    Ok... That was funny...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

P95
    LMAO.....you got me for a second

VIP Member
    If man made it, sooner or later it will screw up. Unfortunate, but a fact of life. On the bright side, at least it screwed up while under warranty.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    The gun shop should swap out the gun no questions asked. Let them deal with S&W. That's customer service!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Links