Bersa/Firestorm 22lr

Bersa/Firestorm 22lr

This is a discussion on Bersa/Firestorm 22lr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering purchasing either a Bersa or Firestorm in 22lr. I figure it will be small enough to carry occasionally yet large enough to ...

Bersa/Firestorm 22lr

I am considering purchasing either a Bersa or Firestorm in 22lr. I figure it will be small enough to carry occasionally yet large enough to shoot well. Will have the ability to practice a lot due to ammo cost. I took my wife shooting last week and she found the recoil of a 38 a little much and 9mm while she enjoyed and shot pretty well still wasnt up to her shooting with my S&W 22A. I had a friend at the range with a Beretta 21a and she enjoyed shooting that.While I realize 22lr supposedly isn't ideal for self defense having it with her and being efficient and having confidence with it is. I am curious if anyone has or has had one of these and if so what are your thoughts.

I had a Bersa Model 23 in .22 LR back in the '90's. Basically the same gun as the current Thunder .22. Great gun and a lot of fun to shoot. That reminds me.....I need to pick one these little guns up ASAP. I swore if Bersa ever started to import the Thunder .22 into the U.S., I would buy another.

go here where 12/12 give the Bersa .22 Five Stars......

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...1+Black+Syn+Gr
    Last edited by zonker1986; June 28th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have a Bersa Thunder22 that is a very nice shooter and pretty reliable. My wife has a Beretta 21a and between the 2 prefers the 21a. Just as nice a shooter and reliable as the Bersa. More compact and a lot easier to carry. If we were in a state we could carry she would pick the Beretta hands down. In fact when I was in Texas I used to pocket carry it on occasion as a BUG

Bersa 22 LR

I purchased a new Bersa 22 LR in Feb. of this year. Had to return it after about 150 or so fires. Kept jamming and not ejecting. Under Bersa rules I shipped to one of their gunsmiths. 6 weeks later it was returned and told they put a new barrel on it. 3rd shot and it jammed. Sent it to another Bersa gunsmith,had it about 6 weeks. I call and they say "we haven't contacted you yet? Well, it needs a new barrel and I have no idea when we wil receive one from Italy" 4 days later I receive via USPS a BRAND new gun! On this one I've used only CCI ammo,about 100 of them and only failed to eject one.Wife , due to surgery cannot cock this gun and wants a revolver.This, before my recently purchased Ruger .380, was my first handgun and if it keeps firing like I believe it should I'll say I'm happy with it. The Ruger, purchased new BTW, had the takedown pin fall out after the 30th shot.It too was replaced free of charge at the shop I purchased it from over a weekend. Don't know if this is my bad luck or not but do like the cheap ammo of a .22 for practice. BTW I just joined this forum and hope to learn a lot from it in the future.

FDE
    I have a Firestorm FS22 (the same gun as a Bersa Thunder 22) that I use to plink with. I purchased new at a gun show for $240 and has become favorite plinker. If you are adamant about using a .22LR for CC; I would recommend carrying with CCI Minimags. These Bersa .22s are nice guns but they do require higher velocity rounds to cycle properly. I use Remington golden bullets for plinking and I rarely have a FTF with over 2000 round down the pipe. I say buy one, if nothing more they make a good trainer gun.

A 22 is better than nothing,I would load it with CCI stingers for SD and keep shooting til the threat was down or I ran out of ammo,then run like I kicked a grizzly in the nads
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links