Sig P938 - Page 2

Sig P938

This is a discussion on Sig P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got mine back today from it's second trip home. It's been re barreled even though they don't list that on the work order. I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sig P938

I got mine back today from it's second trip home. It's been re barreled even though they don't list that on the work order. I bet it's smooth sailing for me from this point forward. My gut told me bad barrel since reports from owners were 50/50 split on good and bad reports. They test fired with 75 rounds of Fed AE 115 grain FMJ with no failures. I'll let you all know how it goes this weekend when I get it back out to the range.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

My 938 wont eat WWB, but Federal all day long. Ran 25 rds of JHP silver tips and 25 rds of Gold Dots and 25 rds of Golder Saber and it's 100%.

Mine now has about 500 rds down range and it a gun I love.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    My 938 wont eat WWB, but Federal all day long. Ran 25 rds of JHP silver tips and 25 rds of Gold Dots and 25 rds of Golder Saber and it's 100%.

Mine now has about 500 rds down range and it a gun I love.
    You obviously fall in the good 50%.

Glad you like it and I surely hope I feel the same way after this weekend. I'll be trying some +P stuff this time around.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

My first range trip with my P938 was less than satisfactory. The magazine springs were so stiff that round 6 was a bugger to insert. 50 rounds, 15 or so FTFeed.

Took it home, polished feed ramp, dry fired 200 times with snap caps, and loaded/emptied magazine numerous times.

Yesterday, before going to the range, I greased the slide rails. 50 rounds of perfection (0 FTFeed or FTE). As far as accuracy, the best I have ever shot.

I am very happy with my new EDC, which has replaced a LC9lm w/XS sights. Am now at 600 rounds with the Sig P938.

sent from ...

I'm up to about 950 Rounds and still going very well. I love this pistol. I'm not as accurate as I am with a P238. It's going to take me some time to bring myself up to speed with a much smaller grip.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It does seem this is sigs problem baby. To much advertizing ahead of proofing the pistol and then it seem to little of that. Today they all seem to do it that way.

We have a LGS that really push's the sig line and he has sold 7 of the p938s and owners had trouble with 5 of them. He said no for him more for a year or till they get the problems fix'd. But it does seem to be treads on all forums about the extrator issues.

Guess i will stay with my trouble free mini 9mm.

I love mine. I've already put up a thread about it but it eats everything I feed it. So far that's only WWB FMJ and Winchester Silvertips, both 115gr. rounds. Not one FTE or FTF. Great little gun. Sorry everyone else is having issues.

I ended up adding a CT laser to mine and plan to try it with HST and Gold Dot 124 +P for 100 rounds. If it's problem free, it will go into the rotation. If it barfs on the premium stuff, then it's going back to Sig for the 3rd time.

FWIW, I saw my friend who works at Sig on this past Saturday. He tells me, that the 938 guns are soso right now. He tells me that Sig has deleted a few operations, including a good ammount of deburring ops to the gun, thus making a lot of sharper edges. Lots of sharp burrs inside the guns. Take it for what it's worth. Just forwarding what I've heard and nothing more.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I'm trying out a P938 and have made similar observations to what's already been said here. The jury is still out as to whether it will be kept or traded, since it's only at the 200-250 round mark and may not be fully broken in yet. It definitely hasn't graduated to the carry rotation yet though.

Here's a dumb question: Can someone tell me how to remove the extractor pin from the 938? Please be kind.

Thanks...
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I posted an update on my 938 experience this week.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig P938 Update

Just picked up a P938 today. Serial #: 96xx

Ran 106 rounds of 124g FMJ and HP through with ZERO issues. Not what I was expecting but definitely what I wanted to happen.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by zxd9 View Post
    Just picked up a P938 today. Serial #: 96xx

Ran 106 rounds of 124g FMJ and HP through with ZERO issues. Not what I was expecting but definitely what I wanted to happen.
    Never had an issue with a Hollowpoint.

Only ammo that is not working for me is Remington. I have used federal, Hornady, blazer and PMC.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

poor customer service

i picked up a p938 extreme about a week ago. i finally got out to the range today and was terribly dissappointed with 11 ftf s out of 125 rounds. i was using three different ammos, winchester 115 gr.,federal 115 gr. and remington 124 gr hp. i had ftfs with all three ammos. i called sig and was told by their service rep that the ftfs were probably my fault because that is what sig has found wrong with this problem and this firearm. i have been a 1911 fan since viet nam and mentioned this to my new friend. well the 938 is a unique platform that you need to learn. oh, really? i just paid almost seven hundred bucks for freakin unique? shoot off a rest and see if that works he says.well now that i've read some comments on the p938 i'm sorry i ever bought one. it's pretty apparent sig is trying to duck issues with the 938 instead of fixing problems. so tomorrow i go back to the range and i'll shoot from a rest. then i'm back on the phone. i never thought i'd get the run around fro sig saur but what are ya gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
    The Colt Mustang Pocket-lite was one of my first and favorite carry pistols. It served me well until other options with better sights and trigger systems became available. I got pretty excited when Sig announced the P238 was getting a 9mm big brother. Just picked it up at lunch today and will be doing the typical review over the weekend. I'll know if it's a keeper or not by Monday.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig Sauer P938 - Sneak Peek at My First Ever Sig

You dont happen to own a true Ljutic trap shotgun do you??? they are pretty high end... sorry to get off topic. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links