Sig P938

This is a discussion on Sig P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ljutic I posted an update on my 938 experience this week. Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig P938 Update Thanks for the review ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sig P938

Quote Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
    I posted an update on my 938 experience this week.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig P938 Update
    Thanks for the review Ljutic! I've narrowed down my next carry gun to either the 938 or the 238. What holster are you using for the 938?

2. Remove Ads

Lube those slide and frame rails HEAVILY, then try it again.

After falling in love with a friends p238, but not wanting less than a 9mm for a primary carry gun, I jumped a the chance to buy the 938. Grabbed 150 rounds to run through it (3 different types of 115 grain ammo. Can't remember which right now).
    Before hitting the range, I gave it a cleaning and light lube.

I had 25 FTF and a handfull of FTE. I did not feel comfortable with that firearms reliability at all and immediately returned it. I was willing to take the hit for trade in value but NWArmory (here in portland) was great and just let me return it for a full refund.

I picked up a SA XD9 sub compact and have since shot 1,200 rounds through it without a single hiccup. I do love every other Sig I've tried but that p938 Left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Additionally, it was a hand hammer. Not a fun shoot at all and I like to practice with my carry gun. I can shoot that xd9sc all day long and don't find it hard to carry.

I would like 226 one of these days, tho. ;)

I see from some recent posts that some are still having problems with the new P938, and I'd be interested in hearing exactly what solved them, when returned from Sig. In my own experience, all I can report is that my P938 Extreme has, so far, been flawless after more than 300rounds. I've run Fed AE 115gr. FMJ and a couple of different 115gr and 125gr. reloads thru mine without any problems at all. That includes JHP and a box of LSWC. I like the fact that this little 9 handles all the same loads that I run thru my M9 and UZI.

I really like this little 9 so far, and the night sights are great. I'm just waiting for an IWB holster to make it my EDC.

I didn't find the recoil harsh at all and it is much more comfortable to shoot than my sons LCP in 380ACP, especially with the extended 7rd mag in place.
    Last edited by Springer99; October 23rd, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Sig P938

Has sig fixed the issues with this gun. I'm considering buying one this week.

Mine runs great.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Both of my Sig P938's have been flawless.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I'm picking up my 938 tomorrow. Hope I don't have problems with it! I hope it will shoot as good as it looks and feels.

My husband just got a 938 and loves it. He was looking for a 9mm he could pocket carry and this fit the bill. He shoots it accurately and not a single issue. He carries in his front jeans pocket in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and it conceals well. He did get the extended magazine and says the grip is more comfortable with a place to put his pinkie.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    ...He did get the extended magazine and says the grip is more comfortable with a place to put his pinkie.
    The 7 round mag makes the gun feel much better.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links