Sig P938

Sig P938

This is a discussion on Sig P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Colt Mustang Pocket-lite was one of my first and favorite carry pistols. It served me well until other options with better sights and trigger ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sig P938

Sig P938

The Colt Mustang Pocket-lite was one of my first and favorite carry pistols. It served me well until other options with better sights and trigger systems became available. I got pretty excited when Sig announced the P238 was getting a 9mm big brother. Just picked it up at lunch today and will be doing the typical review over the weekend. I'll know if it's a keeper or not by Monday.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig Sauer P938 - Sneak Peek at My First Ever Sig

Foo909 and bunker like this.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

If Sig did as good with the 938 as the 238 it should be a nice weapon. Let us know. I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

I added the Unboxing - Review Part 1 to the blog last night. Alternately, you can watch it here.

Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

I posted this on an earlier P938 thread a couple weeks ago.

I've had mine for a couple weeks. Put a couple hundred rounds through so far. No FTF, pretty accurate. Not a significant difference in recoil from the 238.
    Less than .25" difference in length. Love it!

Still love it!
    I carry a .45 because having to shoot twice is just silly!
    Warning Shots Will Be Center Mass!

ARMY '56 to '65 SFC
    Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger And Still Being Alive To Brag About It!

I've been having a 50/50 luck percentage with new guns. I wish I could say my first outing was 100% successful, but it wasn't.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig Sauer P938 Review and Range Time

Great review and videos. Wow! That does look like a nasty little trigger bite ya got from that Sig. I've been wanting one of those 938s for some time now, but settled on the Colt New Agent instead. After seeing the troubles the 938 presented you, I'm glad I did. My Colt runs perfectly and has had zero failures of any kind after five hundred plus rounds so far. I took my 15 year old nephew to the range yesterday and he gave it a good work-out, along with a few of my others. Outa all my handguns we took to the range, he said he like the Colt the best.

Sorry the Sig is giving ya trouble. The FTE thing could be the ammo I guess, but IMO it kinda looks like the extractor might need some adjustment. I would suggest running a hundred or so rounds of some good JHP stuff through it before making a finial judgment/adjustment. As for the trigger bite; being that the trigger pivots on the pin as you illustrated, I'd probably just carefully file a contoured edge on the bottom of the trigger itself and take care of that PITA. Again, thanks for taking the time and effort for the videos and reviews.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

P95
    Nice looking little piece.

OP - Thanks for sharing.

In my experience, and from everything I've read, I'd counsel everyone to avoid buying a new model gun from any maker during the first year. Almost invariably, there will be bugs and mods that will have to be made to get the thing running properly. Unless you enjoy being a beta tester, spare yourself some grief and wait a while.

Myself - I am about to likely step off the pocket 9 merry go round permanently, once I pick up my LCR revolver. I'm on my third PM9. Just something about trying to make a small pistol reliably handle the high pressure 9mm cartridge that seems to be too elusive.

I'm also growing weary of "proofing" guns and ammo, instead of actually training. Too much range time is wasted trying to get the gun working right, proofing each mag, trying to find a load that the gun "likes," figuring out malfunctions, etc. That all costs time and money...and aggravation.

So - for smaller than a Glock 26, it will likely be either a .380 or a revolver for me. Not 100% certain yet, but that's the way I'm heading.

Good luck to you - hope you get it running to your satisfaction.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    perhaps the Shield is a fluke as S&W sent to market something that actually works...

good review but may i point out that the Slide Stop ( as referanced in the manual for the gun) can be used as a slide release in
    a 'sitaurion' but the instructions want you to pull the slide further to the rear and than let it fly ( you seem to ride it somewhat.....thats how the vedio apperas)

any 1st shot problems may be because of this.

after that it may be that the gun is sensitive to the shape of the bullet ( goes to dbl feeds) or the weight...goes to not powering the slide
    sufficiently to pick up the next round.

try more oil on the rails.....lots of the newer guns are so tight they like/need to be run wet.

please let us know how the next trip goes....after your finger has healed

nice groups for 21' and such a short sight radius.
    once its tuned, i'll bet its a keeper.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The beta tester curse strikes again. Lots of potential, but needs more work first.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Sig Sauer P938 Review - Final Thoughts
    sensei2 likes this.

My first and second outings were 100 %. I shot mostly 115 grain, a combination of Federal (from Wal Mart) and USA Ammo reloads. I also did a reliability check with Federal HST 147 grain. I fired from the two mags that came with the gun and an additional two 7 rounders that I purchased. I used two handed, dominant hand only and weak hand only grips. Hopefully, your (Ljutic's) experience is the exception than the rule with the 938.

I must admit, though, that I have not had any non-magazine related issues (I have had issues with the stock Kimber mags working in my 3" Kimbers; interestingly, they work fine with my Sig C3) with any of the hand guns that I have purchased except a Kel-Tec PF9 that I returned 3 times for the trigger bar issue. Needless to say, I no longer have that gun.

Good luck all!

I had feeding issues 3 times in my first 3 boxes. None afterwards and I'm up to 525 rounds.

The feeding issues were with Remmington UMC 115s. No problem with blazer or American Eagles. I didn't have issues with Hornady or Gold Dot JHP.

I don't find it as easy to shoot as my P238, which I can hit out to a 25 yard plate. I'm only good out to 15 yards, right now on the 938.

I still faired better than the Diamondback DB9; which is long gone.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

My 938 wont eat WWB, but Federal all day long. Ran 25 rds of JHP silver tips and 25 rds of Gold Dots and 25 rds of Golder Saber and it's 100%.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I just bought 400 rounds of Federal 9mm. I'm going to try it.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I've been thinking of purchasing the Sig P938 but the reviews I've seen so far are not very favorable. Has anyone fired one reliably at 25 feet hitting bulls eye. Everything I see says no. Any info would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links