Debunking the gen 4 trigger-connector misconceptions - my 3 part video explains...

Debunking the gen 4 trigger-connector misconceptions - my 3 part video explains...

This is a discussion on Debunking the gen 4 trigger-connector misconceptions - my 3 part video explains... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Because of the way Glock introduced the gen 4, which resulted in a fiasco, a lot of misconceptions have followed. One is about the gen ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tangle

Thread: Debunking the gen 4 trigger-connector misconceptions - my 3 part video explains...

Senior Moderator

Because of the way Glock introduced the gen 4, which resulted in a fiasco, a lot of misconceptions have followed.

One is about the gen 4 trigger pull and that is what this series addresses. Some are claiming the gen 4s have a heavier trigger pull than the gen 3s. For a while that was true, but Glock has corrected that just like they corrected a number of other problems with the gen 4.

The following three videos explain how the Glock trigger works and thoroughly addresses the misconceptions about the gen 4 trigger action.

You'll have to forgive parts of the video where things get jumpy. I didn't realize how much I was moving my hands and parts around during the shooting and I wound up chasing my hand motions all over the place in the editor and let some go because it was just taking so much time.

Anyway, take a look, I think you'll find these interesting and informative. Be careful about skipping around in the videos - there are a lot of details covered and you can miss those thinking you've seen it before.

BTW, does anyone know? If I post these as shown below, i.e. video within the thread, and someone watches one, does it increase my YouTube view count? The reason I ask is because I've done this before and I know guys are watching them but my YouTube count doesn't seem to reflect it. If it doesn't, I'm just going to use the links. It's important to me to know if and what videos are being watched.

Anyone know?

OD* and C hawk Glock like this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

OD*
    Excellent, Tangle!!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Tangle,

Fantastic set of videos. I love hearing the data from a technical perspective. You give true meaning to the old saying "figures don't lie, but liars figure". This may sound silly, but I like the Gen 4 trigger over the Gen 3, it seems lighter and crisper on the break and reset. My Gen 3's seem a little mushy on the break (this may be due to age though).

If you remember I also had issues with the non drop in rocket connector. Mine hung on the trigger bar as well. I always get a buffer wheel and dremel that area with some flitz. Basically a .25 cent trigger job. Most folks who shoot my Glocks think I have done a bunch of crazy mods, but frankly I have gotten to where I mirror polish the right spots from a few years of trial and error.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OD*
    Excellent, Tangle!!
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Tangle,

Fantastic set of videos. I love hearing the data from a technical perspective.
    Thanks guys, that means a lot!

...This may sound silly, but I like the Gen 4 trigger over the Gen 3, it seems lighter and crisper on the break and reset.
    It doesn't sound silly to me, that's exactly what I find. My stock dot connector has a 5 pull average 3 oz lighter than a Ghost Rocket. Don't know if that would be the case every time, but the point is the new gen 4 with the stock dot connector has right at the same pull weight as the G34 which has the "-" connector.

...If you remember I also had issues with the non drop in rocket connector. Mine hung on the trigger bar as well.
    Yep, Ghost Inc says they've found the same thing too. Yet purportedly if you put a gen 3 trigger bar in a gen 4, the Ghost Rocket will work fine. I haven't confirmed that, but it does make sense.

VIP Member
    By the way, I don't think that this embedded video's give you view counts on youtube, have your confirmed this?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Well, you definitely took some time and effort there. That's cool in my book. I have yet to post any vids on the internet. Informative indeed. I'll still stick by my Glock didn't have to do that attitude with the 4th gen and get everyone in a fuss. And.........YouTube vids are fine, but you cannot gauge anyone's expertise there like you can with personal interaction. Realize that I cut my teeth on the 3rd gen Glocks. I see things in only two ways.....factory parts for carry (any accepted combination), and competition pistols. I've toyed with just about every one I've ever had in one way or another. Never done the Ghost, but I've done the ZEV connectors and a few other things I imagine most competitors have tried. My line isn't so fine, but it's acceptable in my mind. Carry or competition.
    You may be concerned with hits on your videos, but looking at the big picture, I'd say confirmed kills (or those you have turned to the dark side due to your expertise in the area) would be more applicable to the cause. I do hope you help many in deciding that Glock is a good choice even if they feel the need to adapt it to themselves in any way.

Senior Moderator
    By the way, I don't think that this embedded video's give you view counts on youtube, have your confirmed this?
    I don't know if it does or not. I don't have a good way to check it. My YouTube channel has 440 subscribers. Every time I post a video, it shoots it to them. I can't tell if it's them viewing or someone from here.

I think I'm gonna change the embedded to linked.

Senior Moderator
    Well I did some checking and found this on YouTube "Embedded player on other websites" It shows the number of views from websites where it was embedded. I guess I'll go back to embedded for the convenience of viewers.

Watched your videos, very well done. Does not explain why mt G19 Gen 4 had trigger pull of 7 -8 lbs with dot connector. Bought - connector reduced pull 1/4 to 1/2 lb. Had done 25 cent trigger or polish job. Tried different connectors lone wolf and Z tech pull now 5 lbs. Put back stock connectoer and pull back to terrable. Went to different dealers and tried other G19 Gen 4s and they were fine out of the box. Whats is it with Glock. I ordered and tried different smooth glock triggers for gen 4 and they seems to grab the firing pin lug and pull the slide down towards the frame before firing. Polishing the lug of the firing pin lug and rear of sear with not much change.
    Gun is ok is ok I guess with the Z tech connector but there is somthing not in your video that is causing some of these Gens to suck. My gun was test fired on 8/25/2012 so it should have all updated parts.

Links