So let's say I want a 10mm glock

This is a discussion on So let's say I want a 10mm glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder the actual MV difference between G20 and G29...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So let's say I want a 10mm glock

I wonder the actual MV difference between G20 and G29

2. Remove Ads

oh, do they make gen 4 10mm?

was kind of wanting a gen 4 because i'm a lefty

Gen 4 G20's are on the market. Not sure about the Gen 4 G29's.

Two weeks ago, my youngest son purchased a G 20. This is his first Glock and he likes it. He is a big fella (6'5" 54 inch chest 36 inch waist). He has a raging judge and Desert Eagle. What can dad say, he likes big heavy hand guns!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Check link out for gen4 pics Just picked up my Gen4 G20 - Glock Talk
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Man I should have waited :( but oh well my GM 3 it is

The G20 and G29 are great platforms for the 10mm. Where the gun really shines is as a rugged , leight weight , hi capacity and powerful pistol in the outdoors.

However, understand the it is not a 41 magnum. In it's maximum loadings, the 10mm is just a down loaded 41 mag, not a full power 41 mag.
    However, for all but protection from the bigger bears, that's quite adequate.
    The hi capacity is a plus for bipeds, although it's a moot point against things that want to eat you.

In the urban jungle, I find it too much of a good thing, in size and power.

Mine is now a " special purpose" gun. However, it is possible that a 4 inch N frame 44 magnum could replace it.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I wonder the actual MV difference between G20 and G29
    BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: 10mm Results

Between 50 and 90 fps depending on the load.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    The G20 and G29 are great platforms for the 10mm. Where the gun really shines is as a rugged , leight weight , hi capacity and powerful pistol in the outdoors.

However, understand the it is not a 41 magnum. In it's maximum loadings, the 10mm is just a down loaded 41 mag, not a full power 41 mag.
    However, for all but protection from the bigger bears, that's quite adequate.
    The hi capacity is a plus for bipeds, although it's a moot point against things that want to eat you.

In the urban jungle, I find it too much of a good thing, in size and power.

Mine is now a " special purpose" gun. However, it is possible that a 4 inch N frame 44 magnum could replace it.
    True but for cost and the fact that you get all that power in semi auto platform can't be beat. If I need bigger I'd rather just lug around a big bor lever action. Yummmmmmm :)

yes, I'm really not a fan of revolvers. even if it's a .44 mag

I would much rather get a huge desert eagle

I have both the Glock 20 SF and the 29. They are both excellent handguns and handle the 10mm very well. I have average sized hands( size 8 gloves) and can shoot both without any noticed handicap due to the large size of the G20 and limited length of the G29. I took the advice of Hickok45 and put Talon grips on the G29 and it provides excellent grip and stability for me. Both are great handguns. The G20 SF is more comfortable to shoot and the G29 is easier to conceal if that is a consideration.

You should check out this guy's Youtube Channel. He has quite a few vids of him shooting various ammo over a chronograph out of a G29, and G20.

10mm 180gr Velocity test w/ Glock 29 Storm Lake, Glock 20 Lone Wolf 4.6, Threaded 5.2", Longslide 6. - YouTube

Haven't got any Underwood Ammo yet, but it is def. on my short list. As you can see in the videos, they actually stand up to their published velocities, and they are smokin.

I have one g20 left. At one time I had 7 g20s, and 2 g29's. I believe it's the most useful auto pistol cartridge in existence. Make sure and get a 9x25 Dillon barrel with it. Then you can have a gun that shoots a 9mm bullet at 17-2100 fps.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Glockman10mm (or any reasonable stand-in),

My question is....why does Glock not make a COMPACT size 10mm or .45??? Not a big fan of the SubCompact frame. The Compact 19/23/32 frame is a perfect fit for my hand as well as many other shooters around the world (hence the great sales of the Glock 19...aside from law enforcement purchases). I would pick up a 10mm in a Glock 19 frame in a heartbeat. I had a Glock 26 and didn't like the feel of the grip, even with Pierce grip extender. Had a Glock 36, not enough capacity. Had a Glock 21SF, too big! That's why I've had 2 Glock 19's and 2 Glock 32's. Full grip, high capacity, and still highly concealable. MAKE A COMPACT 10MM/.45 ALREADY!!!! Sorry....had to get that out. (No, I don't like the feel of the Glock 30 grip and I'm assuming the Glock 29 is about the same as the 26.) Any idea WHY these 2 calibers have been left out of the Compact frame treatment, specifically the 10mm?
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Ok, I've just been schooled. Apparently, the Glock 29 is equivalent to the 30, not the 26. My mistake. I guess my gripe is with the grip on the 29/30. WHY not make it a full grip like on the 19/23/32 frame??? Gotta say I don't like the mag being part of the grip.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links