So let's say I want a 10mm glock

This is a discussion on So let's say I want a 10mm glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had actually sent them an email after reading what I did to verify whether I could use their ammo in my DW CBOB or ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So let's say I want a 10mm glock

I had actually sent them an email after reading what I did to verify whether I could use their ammo in my DW CBOB or my S&W1006, as
    I did not know if the barrels were considered "supported" or not.
    They replied they did not know as they were unfamiliar with the weapons.
    I am glad to see they changed the wording.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by nwbackpacker View Post
    I hear a lot of people say it makes a big difference, but the actual statistics that I see just don't show much of a difference. Stats from double tap, and from actual individuals not looking to sell ammo, show a decrease in the 50-80fps range which to me just doesn't seem like a massive difference when dealing with velocities in the 1300fps range. YMMV.
    I said in my previous post that the difference is about "+/- 50fps/50ftlbs per inch in barrel length".

The FPS might not seem like much but it may be the difference between a possible inch of deeper penetration or not, and the FTLBS of energy could possibly make a difference in more essential damage or not; when your trying to stop a woodlands beast. But with a 2-legged threat it may not matter as much.

With that in mind every bit of FPS/FTLBS you can muster is what I would be interested in having at my disposal "in the woods". Then I'd opt for the G20 and maybe even get a 6" barrel.

But if you're not intrusting it in the woods and looking for a 10mm as a CCW then the G29 would definitely conceal easier. But mine would be for the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    sight radius? longer barrel?
    Sight radius is definitely a benefit with the longer barrel. Under stress I shoot better / faster with my G22 than my much shorter G27. Practice has closed the gap, but it still exists. The biggest difference is that the longer sight radius on the G22 makes it easier to get proper sight alignment. The midsize version (G23 in .40 S&W) is probably the best size for an all-around gun if you don't want to start a collection (as they do tend to multiply).

I've had my G20 for 4 or so years now. I conceal it every day and love it.

BLADE REVIEWS 101

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links