After 2 months, I deem my LCP to be a winner

This is a discussion on After 2 months, I deem my LCP to be a winner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been pocket carrying the LCP now for 2 months. Carried it the entire 6 weeks I was in Vegas (along with the CW( in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By Diddle

Thread: After 2 months, I deem my LCP to be a winner

I've been pocket carrying the LCP now for 2 months. Carried it the entire 6 weeks I was in Vegas (along with the CW( in the Thies holster) and I have not had a single problem. I've shot it many times now and it handles everything I've put through it so far. It's got good accuracy for the size and handles well for the size also. It sure beats having nothing that's for sure. And so far, no one has been aware of it in my pocket. I carry it in a Blackhawk pocket holster. I've been very happy with the whole set up.

So far, I have nothing bad to report at all.
    crue2009 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    I agree, I think they are great little pocket guns, I carry mine nearly everyday.

One cautionary note though, that LCP doesn't like pocket lint. I've pushed mine beyond the limit twice to see how much pocket debris it could take, a test-fire on my dirty LCP, failed both times. I wear mostly cotton pants, and I work in a sometimes dusty environment, so my pockets can get a gun pretty dirty, pretty fast.

How often to clean it, is based on your working conditions, I'd say if you see some lint/dust begin to collect around the hammer, to either clean it, or at least lock the slide open and blow it out with an air compressor.

I was glad I had it a few days ago, I happened to come across a young racoon that was mortally wounded out in a hay field. I'll spare the details. There was no hope for him, though he was still breathing. I felt real sorry for him and was thankful I had my LCP with me to put him out of his misery.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Ruger LCP is an outstanding small CC weapon

I have to agree, my LCP is my dedicated summer carry gun! I am actually really accurate with it out to about 10 yards.

congrats on the lcp,mine has also been flawless and far exceeded my expectations..one of the best valued,most reliable pocket 380's available..don't underestimate 6+1 of .380 ACP either

We have three of them - two for me, and one for my wife. Great little guns, and excellent service from Ruger. Glad you like yours.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Once broken in, my LCP is now a great BUG!

YMMV
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The LCP is a fine choice for pocket carry. I have one that served in that role for quite a while.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Do you guys find them too small to use in a holster? I have a des antis IWB and seems like gun has too short a barrel for holster to really grab onto.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Nice post and followups. The LCP is definately a fine little pistol. I am very pleased with mine. Been packing it around since Feb. 2008 and never had a problem. Not necessarly fun to shoot but ti certainly does what it was designed to do.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

P95
    They are great guns...but on the small side for me.....I love the P95......great conceal gun for my body type using my crossbreed style holster I made for it. Love it.

As a backup, or summer carry weapon, I'm very satisfied with my LCP. With today's premium ammo, I carry it with little concern about capability. If my wife carries it, I just grab my old KelTec 3-AT. Very little difference between the two. :thumbup:

VIP Member
    I'm waiting for them to bring it out in .45ACP.

Just kidding guys!!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Do you guys find them too small to use in a holster? I have a des antis IWB and seems like gun has too short a barrel for holster to really grab onto.
    I carry mine in a Nemesis pocket holster or the Mitch Rosen belt holster. My wife carries hers in an IWB holster. I guess that's your answer, at least from my point of view.

Links