Tough Decision with M&P Shield. Need help

This is a discussion on Tough Decision with M&P Shield. Need help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, here is the deal. I ordered a Shield in 9mm a month or two ago from my local gun shop. I put down 20% ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tough Decision with M&P Shield. Need help

Ok, here is the deal. I ordered a Shield in 9mm a month or two ago from my local gun shop. I put down 20% and the total price of the gun will be around $400. What the clerk did not tell me was that there were about 30 other pre-orders in front of me. Gosh,,,,, The store is still not getting in very many guns at this point and by the time they get
    to me,,,,,, I am guessing it could be 6 months or even a year. So, my question is, what would you do,,,,, Wait and
    be patient because the gun is worth it. or,,,, Move on with something else. Gun is not worth it.

Need some help here folks.
    Thanks

Do you have another gun to carry in the mean time while you wait?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Have you had the opportunity to hold or shoot the gun or are you basing your buying it off on line reviews? Do you have something else to use while you wait?

if you don't already have a carry gun, I'd say get your money back and get something else. If you've never had a chance to handle it, again, go with something else, you don't know if the gun will fit your needs or not. If you have handled it, and know it is what you want, then wait for your name to come up on the list.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm with Archer on this one. Will you lose your deposit if you back out? Check online. I love to support my lgs, but capitalism is convenient. Heck at least they will get a transfer fee.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Get something else and buy a Shield 6 months from now!

I asked at Fleet Boutique and they told me the same thing. It does look like a nice gun......HHHMMMMM. That's a tough one.

Distinguished Member
    My 40 Shield is really growing on me nicely. I very happy so far. Now, would I keep a candle in the window for it?.....I'm not there yet. My 1991, yes, the Shield probably not. As others have said, if you're already covered and you can let the money set, I don't think it's a mistake at all. But the owner of one the best shops I've ever been to and he's a guy who gets anything when others can't, he told me that his supply just stopped a few weeks ago. If you can be patient, cool. If not, there'll be more sooner or later.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Is the compact 9 available? 12+1 in a nice package.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Having had my Bersa BP9CC a few months when the Shield came out I did some serious comparisons, and decided I prefered the BP9CC, but they are so close. Of course the BP9CC is in short supply too. I don't know where you are in Texas, but B&S Guns @ I-30 and Loop 12 in Mesquite, had about 6 of them 10 days ago. I do love this gun, it is the best shooting small gun I have ever shot, and I have shot a lot of guns, and the most comfortable gun I have ever carried, and I have carried 4 other guns.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I've never heard a bad word or review about the Bersa, but if a Shield is what you want, I'd be a little patient and I'm sure the Shield will not disappoint you when it arrives. The supply will catch up soon.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Get a sig and call it a day

Oh yes,,, I have plenty of other guns to carry. No issue there. I just specifically wanted a good thin 9mm. I have not shot the shield yet
    but I have held one and I like the feel. If I did not already order this gun and heard such great reviews, I would consider getting something else but, I already have most everything I need. Well, sort of,,, I always can use another gun. lol lol

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    I always can use another gun. thats a fairly commen mindset around here

and at $400 out the door its as close to free as possible.
    wait for it. it will please you.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Administrator
    I'd let the store know they failed to tell you, but remain loyal to your LGS. If you have other guns, why the rush? Its not like your 6 and waiting for a bomb pop from the ice cream truck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    Yeah but sometimes it feels like it. It's good to feel young again sometimes....or anytime really
    OneAz2Risk likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links