Boberg Micro XR9-S

This is a discussion on Boberg Micro XR9-S within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for user feedback... Has anyone got their hands on one of these? I'm totally intrigued by the out-of-the-box design allowing a longer barrel. Reliability? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: Boberg Micro XR9-S

Boberg Micro XR9-S

Looking for user feedback... Has anyone got their hands on one of these? I'm totally intrigued by the out-of-the-box design allowing a longer barrel.

Reliability? FTF problems? FTE problems?

General sentiment?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The reviews I've seen are largely positive. It's supposed to be the size of an LCP, with light recoil for caliber and size. Accurate enough. Only negatives I've heard are that it can pull bullets if they are not reasonably well crimped and that they leave a heavy ding in brass that Arnie has not yet figured out the cause of.
    Hakkaa päälle!

On my blog, I think I did a pretty good job running the XR9-S through it's paces over several weeks and 500+ rounds. I also terminal tested several different ammos through the pistol. If you click the link below, you will go to all the blog entries tagged with XR9-S. The blog entries also link to my YouTube videos. There's quite a bit of stuff to look at, but please feel free to message me with any specific questions you may have.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Boberg XR9-S
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

I was considering one long and hard, but decided against it, specifically because I feared that the pull-back feed design might unseat bullets. I don't want a gun that will only work with an "approved" list of ammo. I'm just getting to the point in my life where I want guns that will just "work" without any drama or fussiness.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    Looking for user feedback... Has anyone got their hands on one of these? I'm totally intrigued by the out-of-the-box design allowing a longer barrel.

Reliability? FTF problems? FTE problems?

General sentiment?
    General sentiment I've heard from folks is the lack of slide-hold-open is a big turn off. Slide hold open wouldn't work since feed mechanism pulls during rearward movement.

I imagine you'll also deal with very limited holster availability for some time to come.

Links