Range Report on the Sig P938

This is a discussion on Range Report on the Sig P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In a nut shell.....the 938 will not eat the cheapo White box Winchester from Wally world. FTE about every other round. Good news: Ran 100% ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Range Report on the Sig P938

Range Report on the Sig P938

In a nut shell.....the 938 will not eat the cheapo White box Winchester from Wally world. FTE about every other round.

Good news: Ran 100% with 50 Golden Sabers and 50 Gold Dot and 25 hydra shock. I like the gun a lot.

Not the best news: It fits perfectly in any holster designed for the HK P7. I have a P7 and an Alessi holster for my P7M8 and below is the fit. Also, tried a different leather holster at the range designed for P7 and it was a perfect fit. I am a happy camper.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

Very nice! Thanks for the report!

I heard they shot low, any of those expierences?

Id be interested to know what reasonably priced range ammo it will run with.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I am glad that you're happy with your new pistol, but I would not at all be happy with a gun can't run on cheap ammo.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Glad you're liking it.

I think the question should be, will the 938 not eat the cheapo White box Winchester from Wally world, or will YOUR 938 not eat the cheapo White box Winchester from Wally world? Any idea if it's all of them or just this one?
    Glock Certified Armorer

the 938 will not eat the cheapo White box Winchester from Wally world.
    Remember when the 238 first came out, how many versions of the magazine follower they went through?
    Ski slope, dimple, rounded, two piece.
    Maybe I was lucky, my early 238 never has had a problem. I hope the same is true with the 938.
    It has competition from the Kimber solo, as well as other pocket nines.

Sorry but a gun shouldn't be picky with ammo
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

I also didn't like the price with one magazine.

I never tried Winchester White Box. I did use Remmington ball and had some issues.

No problems with hollow points or plus p ammo.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Just a follow up on the P938 failure to eject WWB ammo....ran 50 rds of Federal 115 through that bugger this 4th July night and she didn't even hicup....I am a happy camper.

Going to replace the Rohrbaugh R9 for the Sig to carry. The Sig has less felt recoil and has night sight where the R9 has a stiff recoil and no sights.
    Bark'n likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Just a follow up on the P938 failure to eject WWB ammo....ran 50 rds of Federal 115 through that bugger this 4th July night and she didn't even hicup....I am a happy camper.

Going to replace the Rohrbaugh R9 for the Sig to carry. The Sig has less felt recoil and has night sight where the R9 has a stiff recoil and no sights.
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing failures to eject. Not that I want you to have problems, but it gives me some credibility with the 4 ammo varieties I've had FTE problems with. Speer products appear to work well. No problems with Blazer Aluminum or Gold Dots in 115 or 124. Mine is all packed up and ready to drop off at FedEx tomorrow.

Not sure I'm ready to turn my back on the R9 or XR9-S just yet since they can be pocket carried without concern. All that may change if I find the right IWB holster. Still waiting for the Remora and when I get it I won't have the pistol.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

When I initially got my P238 I had feeding problems and polished the feed ramp. What causes a FTE ?

Quote Originally Posted by brownsbacker View Post
    When I initially got my P238 I had feeding problems and polished the feed ramp. What causes a FTE ?
    Could be any number of things. Out of spec extractor, weak extractor spring, or possibly even an out of spec chamber. It's on it's way back to NH for proper diagnosis and remedy.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

100 rounds of Federal FMJ and 20 rounds of HydraShoks. Not bad.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links