Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now you are probably wondering what SS-45 is this, made by Sig, well....... it is the Sig Sauer P250 45 subcompact. I was at the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

Now you are probably wondering what SS-45 is this, made by Sig, well....... it is the Sig Sauer P250 45 subcompact. I was at the range and they had a XDS which I shot with a box of 50 Winchester FMJ and WOW that thing is a keeper !!! I am going to have to sell some of my other pocket pistols to finance that purchase !!! Well what is interesting is that they also had a Sig P250 subcompact in 40S&W for rent and it was right besides the XDS. From my research all of the P250 subcompacts are the same size regardless of caliber. So I looked at both of them and held them side by side and YES the P250 is thicker but not by much, but all of the other dimensions from holding them side by side and on top of each other look pretty close with the P250 being about 1/4 of an inch larger. The Sig P250 subcompact and the Glock 36 seemed to be about the same size and also holds 6+1 from the specs. I have seen the Sig P250 subcompact in 45 for around $400 at some vendors at some shows. I guess what makes the Sig P250 not as popular is the long DAO trigger, however it is a very smooth DAO trigger almost like the Ruger LCR in my opinion. Yes I am guessing most people do not know how to shoot well DAO triggers. From what an old timer told me was practicing with a DAO trigger only makes you better with any other trigger. Just my observation. God Bless

Sig Sauer P250 45 subcompact
    •Length: 6.7inches
    •Width: 1.1inches
    •Height: 4.7inches
    •Barrel Length: 3.6inches
    •Weight: 24.9ounces with magazine
    •Capacity: 6+1

Glock 36
    •Length: 6.77inches
    •Width: 1.13inches
    •Height: 4.77inches
    •Barrel Length: 3.78inches
    •Weight: 20.11ounces - I do not know if this is with or without the magazine
    •Capacity: 6+1

Springfield Armory XD-S 45
    •Length: 6.3inches
    •Width: 1.0inches
    •Height: 4.4inches
    •Barrel Length: 3.3inches
    •Weight: 21.5ounces
    •Capacity: 5+1
    sensei2 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

thanks for calling my attention to a gun i wasn't aware of. looks interesting.

Glad you posted this, I stumbled upon the p250 in 45 just yesterday. I was headed to look at one today. Thanks!

Sig 250's have excellent triggers. I also think those guns are very under appreciated. Maybe cuz its the red headed polymer step child?

My friend has a P250 9mm in the compact frame, and I have to say it feels good in the hand and the trigger is VERY smooth and light for a DA trigger.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

My P250SC is now my EDC, and sitting on my hip in a coffee bar filled with hippie-chic city folk with none the wiser. It's 9mm, not .45, but same dimensions except for grip width - I think the .45SC comes with the Med grip instead of the Small as standard. It's no pocket carry, but it's easy to conceal even on an average-size guy like me (6' 175). My only allowance is that I give up a near-lifetime of military tuck to blouse my shirt a bit if I'm not wearing a jacket (like today).

I haven't shot the SC 45, but I own the Compact in 45 and it's an absolute pleasure to shoot all day.

And I love the DAO trigger. The only thing I'd change is make it break a hair sooner.

All that said, I've been haunting the local rental range looking for an XDS to shoot. No luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    My P250SC is now my EDC, and sitting on my hip in a coffee bar filled with hippie-chic city folk with none the wiser. It's 9mm, not .45, but same dimensions except for grip width - I think the .45SC comes with the Med grip instead of the Small as standard. It's no pocket carry, but it's easy to conceal even on an average-size guy like me (6' 175). My only allowance is that I give up a near-lifetime of military tuck to blouse my shirt a bit if I'm not wearing a jacket (like today).

I haven't shot the SC 45, but I own the Compact in 45 and it's an absolute pleasure to shoot all day.

And I love the DAO trigger. The only thing I'd change is make it break a hair sooner.

All that said, I've been haunting the local rental range looking for an XDS to shoot. No luck so far.

The trigger between the P250 and the XDS is like night and day. The XDS that I shot was brand new, so the trigger felt a little stiff and heavy, but will proably smooth out as it breaks in. To me it felt similar to the trigger for a Walther PPS just a little better. All of the P250's that I have tried, the trigger is DAO, long, but very very very smooth like butta just like the auto version of the LCR. Just my observation. God Bless

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    That Sig 250 SC in 45 acp has been a long time in the making. For me, Sig ran out of time on that one and so I ended up buying the 250 SC in 40 cal and don't regret doing so at all. It has been my ccw for a long time.....I love it and trust my life with it.

Compact & Subcompact in two hybrid holsters I made for them:

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

JD
    Administrator
    The Underrated 250....

That's been rejected for selection as service pistol by US and Foreign agencies, although to be fair it was not the .45 that tanked as I recall...but still.

BATFE, Air Marshalls and the Netherlands.

SIG P250 failing in the field

BATFE rejects SIG pistols from competition

More Woes for the SIG P250

“On the basis of the results of these tests I no longer find it responsible to continue with this pistol. There is no longer enough confidence in the quality of the pistol, nor in the capacity of the manufacturer to improve the quality or safeguard it. All this brings a risk to the safety of officers on the street.”

mkh
    An altrenative - Sig Ultra Compact 1911

•Length: 6.8 inches
    •Width: 1.4 inches
    •Height: 4.8 inches
    •Barrel Length: 3.3 inches
    •Weight: 28 ounces with magazine
    •Capacity: 7+1 - but you can get 8 rd mags.

Only a little bigger and an awesome 1911. Its my EDC. Sweet looking gun, very accurate, easy to concelal and extremely comfortable. In fact it is the only one of my guns that I can comfortable carry IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    The Underrated 250....

That's been rejected for selection as service pistol by US and Foreign agencies, although to be fair it was not the .45 that tanked as I recall...but still.

Looks like more internet forum dribble than anything. Just like the Kimber I own, the whole "internet forum expert" world says it is an unreliable POS, and yet every single time I have ever pulled the trigger it goes bang. I think what I learned is that you need to try them for yourself and not believe what any one else says. Remember the old saying "don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you read".

I have some things to say about the P250, but since none of it is good, I will refrain from commenting. I wil say this though....when the P250 first came out they were priced around $550-$650. Now you can find them for around $350-$400.
    Any time a company drops the price of a gun that much......you have to ask yourself...."Why"?
    JD likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Looks like more internet forum dribble than anything. Just like the Kimber I own, the whole "internet forum expert" world says it is an unreliable POS, and yet every single time I have ever pulled the trigger it goes bang. I think what I learned is that you need to try them for yourself and not believe what any one else says. Remember the old saying "don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you read".

Take from it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    The Underrated 250....

We all know that the P250 is unreliable...
    ... and Glocks KB with anything +P, ND whenever they're holstered in a Serpa, have weak extractors, and their rear rails snap (if the sights don't break off first).

Seriously?

P250 first release had some issues (as did the Gen I, II, II, and IV Glocks upon initial release). Bad on Sig. Seems like they've ironed the problems out, as have Glock. I'm at about 1K through mine (both early 2012 production) and no probs. I trust 'em and am thinking of buying a couple more.
    pankusogre likes this.

P250 is a double stack, not a single stack, unless there is something I don't know about he subcompact model. My local shop has a compact P250 in .45, and it's definitely a double stack.

The trigger is very good for a DAO pistol, but who needs to handicap themselves with a DAO trigger on a defensive pistol?
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links