Toying with getting a springfield XDM

This is a discussion on Toying with getting a springfield XDM within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a chance to get an almost new XDM 40 (4.5'') with all the gear for $400, while I haven't been shopping for one ...

Thread: Toying with getting a springfield XDM

Toying with getting a springfield XDM

I have a chance to get an almost new XDM 40 (4.5'') with all the gear for $400, while I haven't been shopping for one and have never owned one the price seems attractive to me on a decent brand.

having already own glocks and a colt 1911 I am wondering If I should be talked outta buyin'

photo.JPG

2. Remove Ads

It's a quality gun. If you have a need for it, buy it. If it's just going to sit in a safe then your money may be better spent else where.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

what rollo said^^^^^^^^^
    I much prefer XDMs to glocks, sigs, 1911s, berettas, rugers, and H&Ks but I am part of a minority among the shooting community. if you like both your glocks and your 1911 then the XDM will be the best of both worlds the comfortable ergos of the 1911 and passive grip safety while sharing simplicity, high capacity, and reliability in common with glocks.

there are few downsides and you are not likely to find another deal like that any time soon.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

I've always been a 1911 guy, but I picked up an XDm 9mm Compact and I really like it. Ran a couple hundred rounds through it the other day with no problems at all. Feels good in my hand and shoots great. Waiting for my holster now so I can start carrying it.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Well I bought it, don't need it...but I don't need the 8 other pistols in my safe either

pretty nice, even the wife thought it was nice when I snuck by and she caught a glimps of what I had...so I had to show it

I snuck by and she caught a glimps of what I had...so I had to show it
    poor guy, don't you hate it when they catch you? it's pretty hard to regret owning an XDM, congrats on the buy, be sure to post a range review.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Links