M&P Shield Questions

This is a discussion on M&P Shield Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I've already got an M&P 9c that's my primary & an LCP as my BUG. I'm trying to figure out where a single stack ...

Thread: M&P Shield Questions

M&P Shield Questions

Ok, I've already got an M&P 9c that's my primary & an LCP as my BUG. I'm trying to figure out where a single stack (my interest is mostly in the Shield) fits in. Does its size allow you to carry in situations that you wouldn't with a compact? If I would work better in business casual, that would help me a lot. How are you carrying it? IWB? Ankle? Undershirt holster? Something else? Thanks guys!

OpJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

I'm throwing my Shield in the mix as either my BUG or Primary. When carrying it as a BUG I'm usually carrying my M&P full size 9mm or XD9sc as primary. When the Shield goes as my primary, I carry the LCP .380 or SP-101 as BUG.

Did I actually need it? Probably not. I had all the others before getting the Shield. But I wanted one and it works nicely into the mix. It is a nice shooter and I love it. It's one I won't be getting rid of.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The Shield could readily become your primary. The difference in round count can be resolved by carrying a spare mag. I don't carry a BUG because I hate the bulk, and I know that many may disagree thinking one is none and two is one, but I don't feel a backup is of paramount importance.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Links