S@W M&P 9c for Glock 26

S@W M&P 9c for Glock 26

This is a discussion on S@W M&P 9c for Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just finished a phone conversation with a S&W customer service rep and must give praise when due. I am a glock fan and carry a ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mjblat
  • 1 Post By ab4ux
  • 1 Post By Fitch

Thread: S@W M&P 9c for Glock 26

S@W M&P 9c for Glock 26

Just finished a phone conversation with a S&W customer service rep and must give praise when due.
    I am a glock fan and carry a 26 or 19 daily. Yesterday my father purchased a M&P 9c to go with his M&P full size. I called S@W for him to see where to purchase the mag extensions since only one mag has it at time of purchase. 5 minutes and one is on the way to my father free of charge. I have never dealt with Glock customer service but hope the experience would be the same.
    Civil_Response likes this.

Thats why s&w's customer service is known as the best!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    That's good to know, I currently have 2 M&P's and although I haven't had to call for service it's nice knowing how they treat their customers.

I've got both 26 and M&P9c and love them both. I carry the 26 or the 36 more than the M&P at the moment.

Glad to see YOU got good service. I called them today about my M&P Shield not staying in battery if the slide was pushed back
    a little bit. He told me that that was just the nature of the beast it would be ok.....Really! I guess since I am a female I must have Stupid written on my forehead. After a few choice words with him about it he decided he would send a return out to me.
    Sorry for the rant, I just get so tired of being treated like I am stupid about anything that is normally a man thing.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Glad that you had a good experience. Any dealings that I had with Glock have gone well. They're quick to send out freebies as well.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by ab4ux View Post
    I called them today about my M&P Shield not staying in battery if the slide was pushed back a little bit.
    Do you mean that you pushed on the front of the slide and the slide moved back? I am trying to visualize the problem, from your description it sounds like you were doing a press check.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Do you mean that you pushed on the front of the slide and the slide moved back? I am trying to visualize the problem, from your description it sounds like you were doing a press check.
    In for response

Sent from my DROID RAZR

What I was talking about is if you holster the shield and the slide gets pushed back even the least little bit it will not go back forward on its own. Yes even a slight press check with one in the chamber it will not go back forward on its own. It is a known problem with many on the forum. Just do a search on it.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    What I was talking about is if you holster the shield and the slide gets pushed back even the least little bit it will not go back forward on its own. Yes even a slight press check with one in the chamber it will not go back forward on its own. It is a known problem with many on the forum. Just do a search on it.
    You are right. They should fix it for you. Just so you know it's fixable, mine does not have the problem. Not even close. So yours doesn't have to either.

I raised two really capable independent daughters, and a son, but the daughters are relevant here. One of their pet peeves was service managers that thought they would be push overs, or not being taken seriously on man topics. They are both scary smart, but one of them, the youngest, an athlete who rodeoed for 8 years (including in college), has a Masters in civil engineering from Notre Dame. She takes pleasure in politely ambushing male arrogance (they sometimes wonder what hit them), and loves it when she's treated as an equal.

My wife's the same way. Toyota dealer said she had a transmission leak on her Highlander that should be fixed. Would cost just under eight hundred dollars. When would she like to schedule it. She replied with no hesitation, sometime after I see the first oil spot on my garage floor. That was three years ago. She checks, but we have yet to see a single oil spot on the garage floor where that vehicle parks. She told me about it when she got home and we did a high-5 with big grins. I was really proud of her. I love being married to a smart woman (She loves her P238 too).

Fitch
    Philly Boy likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Understood, thanks for the clarification. Sounds like it is undersprung. A Glock 30 will sometimes do the same thing and it is undersprung.

It sounds like a weak recoil spring,most pistols need their recoil springs changed after 1000-1500 rounds.Wolff springs provides springs for many pistols,it never hurts to have 1 or 2 spares
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The S&W's are nice carry guns, but I would stick with the Glocks.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Sponsored Links