G27 carry

G27 carry

This is a discussion on G27 carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've carried a PM9 for about two years now but I've owned a G27 for about 10. I recently thought I'd give it a try ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: G27 carry

G27 carry

I've carried a PM9 for about two years now but I've owned a G27 for about 10. I recently thought I'd give it a try as a CC and I'm pleasantly surprised at just how good it is for that. I assumed as it is thicker I'd have this second trimester bump on my side but after a few days of carry I'm beginning to realize how wrong I was. It carries comfortable and conceals more than just fine. Sometimes I think we outsmart ourselves trying to keep up when we had what we needed all along.

Think I will get a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for it though. I like the idea of the holster not being able to crush.

VIP Member
    Most any gun is concealable with the right clothing/belt/holster combination.
    Ranger45, joker1, Toorop and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The G27 is a great carry gun. I like the MTAC for a holster.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

G27/26 is a great carry pistol.....3:00 or AIWB. Look at TT Gunleather's Slim IWB or Mikes Special for a nice, thin, extremely comfortable carry holster!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I carried a G27 for a couple years and then went the 'pocket' rocket route with .380s and little 9mms and finally decided to go back to that platform; only this time I'll use the G26 because I've developed a LOT more confidence in that caliber with the +P and +P+ loads for self defense. And, with ammo prices historically better for 9mm, it's a LOT cheaper to keep in practice and shoot in local IDPA matches.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Glad your enjoying the 27. Been my main carry for a couple of years now. Can't think of any gun I would rather concealed carry
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Glad your enjoying the 27. Been my main carry for a couple of years now. Can't think of any gun I would rather concealed carry
    Of al my autos I can't think of one I trust more to function either that's why I decided to go for it. I pulled the trigger on a Garrett Silent Thunder yesterday.

Good choice man.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

The Glock 27 is my primary carry gun. It rides super-comfortably in a Crossbreed Supertuck deluxe, and is easily concealed

I've been contemplating a 26/27 but I'm wondering how it would ride in this atrocious seat I'm forced into for hours everyday. Your post gives me hope!

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I regularly carry the G27 during the summer. Not always but regularly. And I swear I shoot it as well as I do the 23 or 22. Other than the more noticeable muzzle flip. It's a sweet piece.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    I've been contemplating a 26/27 but I'm wondering how it would ride in this atrocious seat I'm forced into for hours everyday. Your post gives me hope!
    I've worn it all week so far driving and at work and it's working out fine. At 3:30 or so it feels fine setting in the car. I'm going to go on a long drive soon so that will tell the tale.

Looks like you figured out a good way to solve your PM9 issues...I solved mine with a LCR revolver.

If you can conceal a baby Glock in your typical attire, I think you will find that there is no finer sidearm for CCW out there.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I haven't given up on the PM9, I do trust the Glock more, not to mention more rounds . Speaking of which, did you ever shoot yours with the shim?

PM incoming
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links