M&P after its first 1000 rounds

This is a discussion on M&P after its first 1000 rounds within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my M&P to the range last night and made it to 1000 rounds without a failure!! Cleaned the Federal, Remington, and Winchester out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P after its first 1000 rounds

M&P after its first 1000 rounds

Took my M&P to the range last night and made it to 1000 rounds without a failure!! Cleaned the Federal, Remington, and Winchester out of her and lubed her right... Feel free to share your round count roughly and if any Failures...

Now im in the market for a .22 for plinking and either a Glock or Springfield Armory for a home defense gun that will sport a ProTec laser light... Any suggestions as far as which model and why would be ideal.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MP.40c View Post
    and either a Glock or Springfield Armory for a home defense gun that will sport a ProTec laser light... Any suggestions as far as which model and why would be ideal.
    Why not a full size M&P for HD?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

True I have thought about the fullsize, if i can find one and the price is right I'll take it... I really liked how i shot the glocks, and SA performed just as well. Just trying to mix things up

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    True I have thought about the fullsize, if i can find one and the price is right I'll take it... I really liked how i shot the glocks, and SA performed just as well. Just trying to mix things up
    I have a full size M&P and I know you'd be happy with it if that's the way you go. Otherwise Glocks are always good :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Nothing wrong with Glocks, but when I shot my first M&P, I sold my G30 and ordered M&P9 Pro, gave my g26 to my wife and have a M&P9c coming soon! Like I said, nothing against Glocks, I've carried them for years but the M&P just feels better in my hand and I shoot it better! Don't think I could go back to Glocks after shooting M&P, barring any M&P problems in the future. So far, I have over 600 rounds thru my Pro without a single issue.....and it's a Joy to Shoot! Good Luck with your search.....hope you find what you're looking for!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

1000+ rounds without a failure from your M&P compact,i'd be looking at a full size M&P now...

I run a m&p9c as well probably about 2,000 rounds no issues. I love it so much. I bought 4 17rd mags for it for $60 and keep on loaded with hp's for HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Great gun. Love mine too.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I know I'm over 500 with about 15 failure to feeds, may be an ammo issue but I sent it in anyway. Just got it back from warranty work and it did it another 3 times out of 50 rounds of Federal FMJ, switched to any other brand and went another 150 rounds with no issues. I may have got a bad batch of ammo. I love how it shoots I just seem to have some bad luck shooting FMJ, no issues with HPs.

Don't get me wrong,I'm a Glock man through and through,but if I owned an M&P that went a K without failure that would be my S.D. gun,no refamiliarizing with another weapon platform,same mags,same holster.......

I have the 9c. And only have had one double feed. But i blame that on my reloads as I was just getting started in reloading and still learning loadin ammo. The only gripe I have with mine is learning the trigger Sometimes Im on and sometimes Im off just takin more time than my other guns. More practice I guess.

I have 300 rds of WWB and Federal R&T 9mm through my new M&P 9mm full size auto. So far no issues at all. Feels very nice in my hand.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Now im in the market for a .22 for plinking and either a Glock or Springfield Armory for a home defense gun that will sport a ProTec laser light... Any suggestions as far as which model and why would be ideal.
    M&P 40L non catalog item. Night Sights and three mags. Mags from this gun will already fit your 40C.....no brainer as to which gun to get for home defense. A regular full size M&P 40 would be a good choice as well for the same reasons. No reason to switch to another manufacturer when you already have the proof of the pudding in your 40C.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

man that longslide .40 is dead sexy!
    biggie1981 likes this.

cj
    Got the M&P addiction myself. Started with an M&P9c myself...then got a full size from a member on here. Then decided the chopping and work to make an XD into what I wanted would cost about the same as trading it in on a .45c. Then got a Shield. Lots of rounds through the various 9's, and only 1 failure (ammunition induced). One of these days I'll have to clean them too, as when I break them down to change the sights or such, they get me awfully dirty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links