Are you loyal to one, or do you fool around?

This is a discussion on Are you loyal to one, or do you fool around? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I fool around. Wish I didn't have to, but I have little choice. What I'm talking about is changing handguns/holsters depending on season, dress, destination, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are you loyal to one, or do you fool around?

I fool around. Wish I didn't have to, but I have little choice.

What I'm talking about is changing handguns/holsters depending on season, dress, destination, etc. I'm not loyal to just one gun.

I prefer my G19 in an Archangle AIWB. It make for quick access in a variety of circumstances, especially when seated, as I would be driving. I can conceal it easily when wearing heavier clothing, like a jacket or sweater in the cooler months. Not so much when the tee-shirts come out, unless, or course, if the tee is two sized too large... maybe.

I switch over to a Kahr CW40 in a Supertuck Cross Breed. Makes for a snug fit that even a tee can cover effectively. It may only print if I bend over and an astute person is looking.

If I'm out for the evening and more concealment is desirable, I use a Smart Carry holster. It fits my Kahr, but I sometimes slid in my Ruger LCP instead.

I know there are some who might frown on changing up in this fashion. However, my experience in carrying concealed is that sometimes continued good concealment requires it - different carry holsters, different handguns, or both, depending upon those variables of season, dress, and destination.

VIP Member
    Different tools for different jobs.

I have different handguns for different uses. I guess that is "fooling around".
    sixgun, goldshellback and BugDude like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

One wife, one gun. One motorcycle, one armchair, one TV set. One Suburban, one dog. Guess I'm not much for diversity.
    JerryMac likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I usually rotate several depending...
    but more and more the SP101 keeps getting the nod .
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I own many like them all. All but one are US made. trust every one of them

I just got my Theis holster for my M&P40C which I wear with my shirts tucked in. I also recently got a remora for my taurus 24/7 but it also fits my M&P40C so I've been using that combo with my shirts untucked. In the winter I'll use a Fobus paddle holster with either gun if I'm wearing a baggy sweatshirt or jacket.

VIP Member
    My loyalty is to my family. I'll switch guns to suit my needs at the time.
    JerryMac likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Loyal to 1. That way I don't have to learn muliple techniques. Maybe I'm lazy to 1

VIP Member
    Big guns, medium guns, little guns. IWB holsters, OWB holsters, cross draw holsters, shoulder holsters, pocket holsters. I go with what makes the most sense for the event or day.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I am a bad man!

If you carry all of the time (concealed or open).......you have to be modular. Best combination for the environment etc.

Now.......on the other hand, those who have less to work with learn to be more creative to a certain extent. I remember those days when I worked with less than I do now. Pistols...holsters....clothes......hot weather, cold weather, jackets, shirts, belts, church, city park, restaurant, changing the oil in the truck, removal at courthouse, etc. Diversification may sometimes lead to dilemmas or conflicts of interest. The need for diversity should never come out of boredom or simply seeking a change....there must exist a reasonable need for change. Diversity is like building a two story 2300sq ft house on a ten thousand dollar line of credit in six weeks. A good foundation won't matter if the second floor is framed with toothpicks.
    Yeah.........I've fooled around enough to know when and where I can get by with it. Rule number one.....never get caught with your pants down.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Multiple Glocks. Always the same model of Dale Fricke holster.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

I switch between my LCR and LCP as my main carry guns but the LCR has been getting the most holster time lately.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Different tools for different jobs.

I have different handguns for different uses. I guess that is "fooling around".
    +1 here to my handguns are mission specific

Pretty much carry a Glock 27 or my ancient Colt Commander. Each gun has its own well used holster.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links