how to carry a g29

how to carry a g29

This is a discussion on how to carry a g29 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been having a tough time finding any local places that carry IWB holsters for my g29. Most of the time they are too ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matthew03

Thread: how to carry a g29

how to carry a g29

I have been having a tough time finding any local places that carry IWB holsters for my g29. Most of the time they are too tight or the gun has too much wiggle room. My favorite gun, right now, and just need a more comfortable, concealed way to carry it. If anyone has any experience with the 29 and a good holster I would appreciate it. Often times, it would need to be worn with dress pants and button down, or some variation of that. Thank you very much

I don't have a 29, but I do carry a 23 in a Supertuck from Crossbreed. It's as good a place to start as any.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have a G30sf, and I use a Remora holster, they make a tuckable version.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by irishfan View Post
    Often times, it would need to be worn with dress pants and button down, or some variation of that. Thank you very much
    I assume you want a tuckable then? Where do you or rather, where do you want to carry it?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

If the gun fits "too" tight in a leather holster,put the gun in either a baggie,or wrap a couple layers of wax paper around the barrel and frame and then force the gun into the holster,allow to sit overnight,it will stretch the holster just enough to allow a smooth draw,but still retain good retention
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

When I was carrying my G29 I was using a Theis IWB holster. You can get one for less than $60 and they are comphy.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    My favorite holster for Glock pistols is the Dale Fricke Archangel and I carry my G23 in one regularly AIWB.
    Chad Rogers likes this.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    My favorite holster for Glock pistols is the Dale Fricke Archangel and I carry my G23 in one regularly AIWB.
    One of the many Glocks I own is a Glock 29. I have tended to carry it during the times of the year when a cover garment is the norm/not out of place. I use a Dale Fricke OWB holster.

Personally, I wouldn't try IWB in a 29. It's just a very thick weapon. In any event I've never found IWB to be sufficiently comfortable such that it works for me. So I stick with the tried and true. But I find the 29 to be very accurate, I shoot it quite well at the distances that matter to me, and I like the kick (which tells me what's going downrange will be an attention getter).

A 29 is a fine choice. It just doesn't work for me during the summer.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Comp-Tac holsters

I have sometimes carried a small gun, like a J frame or Kahr, in an IWB holster. My favorite brand is Comp-Tac, which offers both Kydex and Kydex/leather holsters that are thin, durable and fit the gun very well. Comp-Tac makes their products to order but has a very fast manufacturing cycle time so that you have your holster within ten days or so. They are very reliable and easy to deal with. They have many models, but you might look at the CTAC model shown below, which is made for the Glock 29 with or without rail:

Comp-Tac CTAC holster

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have found that the Galco King Tuck works great for me, including when I carry my G29.

I carry a G29 in a Crossbreed Snap-Slide OWB in the colder months when I cover it with a jacket.

For Glocks I like DeSantis Cozy Partner.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I carry my G29SF in a Theis or a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. Having slightly larger pants helps make it more comfortable. A good belt is a must as well. Mine is at 3:30-4:00 on my right side.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man is a good place to buy IMO.

Links