Goodbye CM9 Hello PF9

This is a discussion on Goodbye CM9 Hello PF9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After spending a tortured year with a terrible Kahr CM9 I finally traded it for a KelTec PF9. Many here might think I'm crazy, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Goodbye CM9 Hello PF9

Goodbye CM9 Hello PF9

After spending a tortured year with a terrible Kahr CM9 I finally traded it for a KelTec PF9.

Many here might think I'm crazy, and I know the guy at my LGS though I was crazy, but I am happy as a clam.

My Kahr was an absolute disaster from the first day I owned it. On my first trip to the gun range with the Kahr I had failure to feeds with every magazine I loaded. After the 200 round break in period I sent it back to Kahr and they reworked it. After 3 weeks it came back and jammed within 20 rounds. As if that weren't enough, when I got home I found that the nut was gone off of the recoil spring !! I waited for a replacement and after it arrived I traded the gun.

After the trade I took the KelTec to the range and send 50 rounds down range without a single problem. In the entire time I owned the Kahr I NEVER fired 50 rounds without a FTF !!

Add to that the fact that the PF9 holds one extra round and is just slightly smaller and lighter than the Kahr and it is a win all the way around from my perspective.
    Eagleks likes this.

2. Remove Ads

If you got something that works than more power to ya!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Waiting for the....wouldn't trust my life with it. Good for you. Bad for Kahr.
    SteveB2175 likes this.

Some guns...whichever brand...are lemons. Always will be some no matter how much we like the line. Good job on the new acquisition..
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Glad it worked out for ya! Enjoy the new piece!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Good choice IMO.

If it doesnt work I would get rid of it. Hope the pf9 will give you good service. I have the p-32 and its been a great little gun

Solved my Kahr issues with a Ruger LCR.

Put your Nomex on - won't be long before the Kahr fanbois show up and blame all the issues on you.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I love my kahrs, and I never really had that many issues with my pf9 when I still had it. Some kahrs require some tlc others are shooters right out of the box. My cm9 was flawless and like you i lost a piece of my recoil spring on my second trip but the pistol still fired flawlessly. Hope the KT treats you well!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB2175 View Post
    After spending a tortured year with a terrible Kahr CM9 I finally traded it for a KelTec PF9.

Many here might think I'm crazy, and I know the guy at my LGS though I was crazy, but I am happy as a clam.

My Kahr was an absolute disaster from the first day I owned it. On my first trip to the gun range with the Kahr I had failure to feeds with every magazine I loaded. After the 200 round break in period I sent it back to Kahr and they reworked it. After 3 weeks it came back and jammed within 20 rounds. As if that weren't enough, when I got home I found that the nut was gone off of the recoil spring !! I waited for a replacement and after it arrived I traded the gun.

After the trade I took the KelTec to the range and send 50 rounds down range without a single problem. In the entire time I owned the Kahr I NEVER fired 50 rounds without a FTF !!

Add to that the fact that the PF9 holds one extra round and is just slightly smaller and lighter than the Kahr and it is a win all the way around from my perspective.
    You wouldn't happen to have any Ed Brown's or Wilson Combats would you?
    atctimmy likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

It's what your happy with and works for you. Although I have not had trouble with mine, I am looking at trading my CM9 for a Walther PPS. Enjoy it.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Good for you! I like my CM9, fits the bill, but I think Kel tec makes a good product that isn't excessive in cost. Shoot safe.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

VIP Member
    Good luck with the new PF9! Guns are like a box of chocolates....
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I have a CW9 and a PF9...... I"m favoring the PF9 a lot more.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

i like the Kel Tec pf9 too,one of the lightest pocket sized 9mm available..many have shot hundreds of rounds throgh the pf9 without any issues,hope you have good luck with yours ,congrats..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links