So who's been carrying the same EDC and how long???

This is a discussion on So who's been carrying the same EDC and how long??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just an interesting question I came up with. Being still under a year mark of carrying and already changed and kicked around alot of carrying ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: So who's been carrying the same EDC and how long???

Distinguished Member

So who's been carrying the same EDC and how long???

Just an interesting question I came up with. Being still under a year mark of carrying and already changed and kicked around alot of carrying options, I got to wondering if some folks here have choose a gun and been carrying faithfully for years?/ decades?? I'm sure some of you guys have been carrying a trusted EDC for years, so what is it and how long you been carrying it??
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Not me. I have gun fickleitis. More handguns than I want to mention, and carry different ones during different seasons and occasions. I need help.
    NY27, ron5050 and KSP like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Nope, also too fickle. I suspect it's because I'm truly faithful to my wife, but I have more guns, watches, and pens than should be allowed and they get cheated on all the time. Plus I covet my neighbors' guns, too.
    glockman10mm, Eichorn and ron5050 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member
    Lol, I had a suspicion this might be a big possibility with alot of people.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Lol, I had a suspicion this might be a big possibility with alot of people.
    I'm eying your M&P right now, in fact.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I had only a S&W 3913 for years. Then I carried a P32 everyday for 3 or 4 years. I still have the 3913 and it is still in the rotation and is about as good as any I have owned or own currently. I now have 3-4 that I rotate between and feel 100% confident in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Nope, also too fickle. I suspect it's because I'm truly faithful to my wife, but I have more guns, watches, and pens than should be allowed and they get cheated on all the time. Plus I covet my neighbors' guns, too.
    My God the similarities! Love my watches and pens!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Variety is the spice of life.
    candalos likes this.

EDC? Well, I change my EDC, but not real often. I'm more of the seasonal changer for carry. But my basic foundation for EDC and probably 90% overall carry would be my G27 with 12+ years on the hoof with me in a variety of holsters IWB and OWB.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    For a lot of years 90% of the time it's been a P229. When not that it's been a P239.

I carried the same EDC (XD40SC) for about 5 years, out of necessity (money was really tight). I have since gotten more guns, and alternate among three of them (G19, P238, and Bodyguard .380).
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

I switch between 4 carry guns, Glock 19, P7M8, Browning HP, and Colt 1991A1. I've been carrying the Colt since 1992. My BUG is a Kel Tec P32. I bought the third one that was delivered to the gunshop where I was working at the time. Cutomer got the first, owner of the shop the second, then me. I think that was late 90's. It has been in my pocket almost every day since. I bought the Glock in 2005 I think, the P7M8 was payment for some work in 2007, the Browning was payment for some gunsmithing in 2004 or 2005.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Not me. I have gun fickleitis. More handguns than I want to mention, and carry different ones during different seasons and occasions. I need help.
    Same here. The longest EDC was probably my S&W 640. When I was in the NYPD they only authorized you to carry two guns. My Glock 19 was my duty weapon and the 640 was my off-duty. That was for 5 years. Then in 2001 when I transferred to another agency that was more lenient with off-duty carry, OH BOY! Now I have several handguns that I carry off-duty. 99.9% of the time it's a Glock of one flavor or another.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have been carrying for almost 3 years and for most of that time my LCP has been carried in my pocket.

I tried an LC9 and carry it rarely now because of it's weight in the pocket.

Now I mostly carry my LCR in my pocket but the LCP still gets a nod every once in awhile.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Glock 30 for 6 years.
    ericb327 likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links