New XDs

New XDs

This is a discussion on New XDs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never owned an XD before, Glocks, S&W, RIA, 1911's, Sigs but never a XD. I traded a G36 for a XD45 compact on Friday, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XDs

New XDs

I've never owned an XD before, Glocks, S&W, RIA, 1911's, Sigs but never a XD. I traded a G36 for a XD45 compact on Friday, on Saturday I went to a local gun show in Birmingham with no intention of trading it but rather getting a pancake holster for it. Well after finding only one XDs and holding onto it I asked the Vendor guy what he would do on a trade. He replied "what do you think?" I replied with "my xd45 and $100 for the xds" The vendor accepted the deal!!!!

I went to the range today and put 200 rounds downrange. I will say that after the first magazine I was kinda regretting it at first because of the way the grip bit my hand. Once I figured out how to hold the weapon a little better that fixed that issue. I ran 15 rounds of old zombie max 230gr, then a few box of 230 FMJ zero reloads with 4.2gr of Bullseye powder. No jams or any malfunctions what so ever. Then I ran a box Hornady JHP/XTP 185gr all flawless, I am very happy with the weapon, I only wish that I could get one more round in the magazine but I can deal with it and carry an extra magazine with me.

The weapon conceals extremely well, the paddle holster that it came with will work just fine, it's just as good as the Fobus that I bought for the M&P9c.

First two mags of Zombie Max 230gr

Second pair of mags (230 FMJ Zero reloads with 4.2gr of Bullseye)

Hornady XTP 185gr

Overall, I would trust this weapon with my life. I want to get a lighter trigger and the pull could be shortened but it's not Sig P250 long by any means. Time to get a pancake holster, another magazine, and mag pouch and I will be set.

Well I'm jealous. No signs of an XDs in my neck of the woods. Thanks for posting what the gun is capable of!

congrats on the new XDs,sure is a compact powerhouse...if you have not seen it yet, Hickok45 has a good review of the XDs...

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    congrats on the new XDs,sure is a compact powerhouse...if you have not seen it yet, Hickok45 has a good review of the XDs...
    I did see that he had a review, but I didn't watch it. I tend to search around for actual testimonies instead of "he said she said". I'm not saying he is a hearsay guy just don't like watching the youtube reviews.

so far I love it, just got to get an actual pancake holster, iwb holster, an extra mag or two and carrier and I will be set.

So having owned a G36 and now the XDS which do you prefer? I ask because i am trying to decide between the two right now myself. Any insight would be appreciated.

Nice, I am leaning toward xds purchase soon!

Quote Originally Posted by zombieslayer View Post
    So having owned a G36 and now the XDS which do you prefer? I ask because i am trying to decide between the two right now myself. Any insight would be appreciated.
    I traded my G36 on a XD45 compact then the very next day traded it off on this from a vendor at the gun show.

I don't know why but I just didn't really like the G36, sure it's a Glock and is a reliable weapon, but I just didn't like the way it shot. I can't really put my finger on it at all, it was an ugly gun, the grip extender looked terrible and felt just as bad. The mag held one more round than the XDs but when I loaded up the mag and tried to rack the slide it always caught on the top round almost jamming itself. If I had the slide back and inserted the magazine and racked it the gun would go into battery just fine. The 36 wasn't as accurate as the 26, I honestly didn't trust it enough to carry and all my weapons have to have that trust because I will carry with them all.

I didn't like the long magazine on the 36... if it would fit flush like the 9rd magazine in the 30 it would of been a keeper!

yeah but the 30 is a bit thicker than the 26 and me not being but 5'9 and 165 lbs I need it to conceal better.

I love my XD-S....PIMking, if you are close to Bham you can try my extended mag for the XD-S if youd like. I think the ext mag will be great for a B/u mag or for the range, but for me its just a tad long for CC. Pearce grip extension is supposed to be in the works now. Hopefully someone will come out with a plus one baseplate.

I'm in Tuscaloosa, it also looks like my next range day is going to be Thursday on my next day off. I have a lot of reloading to do, I'm out of 9mm and I will not buy anymore when I can make it for cheaper.

I just bought the XDs on saturday myself and boy is it a hell of a gun! Well done springfield!!! Compared to the XDm line this gun is a completely different entity. My XDm .40 has a crappy trigger which I really hate and has slowly entered the "not so favorite" category of my guns. The trigger on the XDs is copmletely different and very similar to the glock which I really love. The size is unbelievable for a .45, very noticeably smaller than a glock and a bit smaller than a shield which comes in smaller calibers. I put 100 rounds through mine without problems, so far so good. I shot my glock 26 afterwards and to be honest the recoil was about the same which surprised me. If anything I was more accurate with the springfield. As a past springfield hater due to their higher complexity compared to a S&W or glock (when breaking them down for a full cleaning) I came to appreciate them a lot more after buying this gun. Glad I did! Only downside is capacity but I'll just bring along an extra mag or 2 if that is the case.

Go Gators!!

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    got my XDs yesterday,solidly built gun...gonna break the thing in today with 230G ball ammo and order up some RangerTs for self defense
    My 9MM goes back in the safe and now I finally have a light weight and small 45 I can carry daily...

Good thread! I'm trying to decide between the XDs, S&W compact, Glock 30 or Glock 36. I'm waiting until an XDs shows up locally so I can get my paws on it and see how it feels before I decide.

I've got the day off tomorrow so I'm planning to go through all the LGS's and see if anyone has them in stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links