Sig 2022

This is a discussion on Sig 2022 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Comments on budsguns.com for the above are very good and the price listed seems reasonable for a Sig. Any experience from those who have this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sig 2022

Sig 2022

Comments on budsguns.com for the above are very good and the price listed seems reasonable for a Sig. Any experience from those who have this gun or who have shot it would be welcome. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    philly boy: Bud's is a great place to deal with. They usually ship very fast. I have a 2022 I bought about 2 years ago in 9mm. It came with night sights and the price i paid was $399. I pretty much use it only for range practice since I have smaller, lighter guns for carry. Its got a superb trigger, and has been flawless in over 800 rounds with all types of ammo including some light reloads. As with most Sigs, the 2022 tends to be somewhat thick and bulky. I did carry it for a while in a leather holster by Grissley and it was comfortable and concealable, but these days I opt for something around 20 Oz. or less. Accuracy is superb!
    Philly Boy likes this.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I have already read good things about the trigger - I came very close to buying one about 2 years ago. For the price, it seems to be a great gun

I've had one for around three years and it's a great gun. The trigger is excellent and the recoil is very, very soft. The gun is beefy in every way and you really can't go wrong as long as it was assembled correctly. Mine came from Germany.

As an FYI, CDNN Investments (Buy Gun Accessories, Hi-Capacity Mags, Scopes, Gun Parts & More at CDNN Sports, Inc.) has them going for $390. It's on page 11 of the catalog. CDNN is really good.
    Philly Boy likes this.

SIG Pros are good guns. Buds is a great place to get the best price.

...do be advised that purchasing a SIG PRO will only qualify you for "Jr. SIG SNOB STATUS"
    To achieve full Sig snob status requires that you spend at least $1,200 for a gun that will do the same thing a Glock will do for $500.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

...do be advised that purchasing a SIG PRO will only qualify you for "Jr. SIG SNOB STATUS"
    To achieve full Sig snob status requires that you spend at least $1,200 for a gun that will do the same thing a Glock will do for $500.
    These firearms are great value and are good guns. They might be one of the best values per quality out there. You are correct, they do not qualify for Sig snobbery. We have recently upped the requirements to only Elites......

zonker1986 and Philly Boy like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

ZONK & HAWK: Guess I will NEVER qualify for SIG SNOBBERY!... not on a retired pastor's pension.(For those of the "Younger Class", pensions used to be what a person got to live on after 20, 30 , 40 years of faithful service; now it appears to be a case of everyone for themselves...LOL. BUT, I just might be able to afford a 2022 at Bud's prices: HALLEUJAH!!! (but not right now).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    I don't have one, but was very tempted by what I read about them, prior to buying an M&Pcompact.

I don't think you will be dissapointed.

They were ordered by the French, and I think they are far superior to the P250

SIG Sauer Pro series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SP 2022: A modified version of the SP 2009/2340. It entered service with the French Police and Gendarmerie in 2002 for a planned service life of 20 years, hence the name. 460,000 rounds have been used for testing it before adoption by a sampling of future users and modifications of the SIG Pro followed to produce the 2022. It is available in 9x19mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG. The pistol is fitted with an integral Picatinny rail instead of the proprietary rail of the other models and the front trigger guard is shaped differently to allow a finger hold. It can also be equipped with a threaded barrel and detachable suppressor and the fixed open sights are dovetailed into the slide.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I carried the 2022 in 9mm when I used to work armored car security.... Nice little sig at a good price! I'd buy one for sub 400 new or low 300's used any day!

A SP2022 was the last gun I bought. I have put 1200 plus rounds through it without a malfunction of any kind. Very accurate. It is the least expensive gun I own and it is (currently) my favorite.
    kmagnuss likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I have already read good things about the trigger - I came very close to buying one about 2 years ago. For the price, it seems to be a great gun
    It has a very nice trigger.

Great gun

I just bought one 2 days ago in 9x19 at Academy for $349 and took it to the range today. Love it!!!!! Right out of the box was hitting the 10 ring! The recoil was light enough that my 5'2" 115lb wife was handling it with no trouble. The only drawback I found was the lack of a spare mag. I found them online and have ordered some spares for about $35 apiece. All I can say is Buy This Gun! You won't be sorry. I was looking for a range/home defense weapons and I believe I have found it. I carry smaller 9x19, the kimber solo, but it's a little too small and snappy to want to put a lot of rounds through it very often.
    Spartacus100 likes this.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

Except even the lowly Sig Pro looks better than a Glock
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

My 2340 should be in this week. Older model of the 2220 but all I read is positive. Coming in 357
    oneshot likes this.

The SP2022 is a great pistol. I just bought one. IMHO- it's as good as a classic Sig with the advatages of a poly frame and a smoother trigger at half the price.

Seriously, what's not to like? The P2340 that I shot in .40 handled the recoil very well. The SP2022 in 9mm that I bought made Win RangerT 127 +P+ seem tame.

_
    Philly Boy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links