HK P2K in Mas Ayoob's MAG-Instructors Course

This is a discussion on HK P2K in Mas Ayoob's MAG-Instructors Course within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HI, I just returned from the class. I used my P2K as my main handgun and fired 3K rounds from it in 3 days. The ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: HK P2K in Mas Ayoob's MAG-Instructors Course

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

HI, I just returned from the class. I used my P2K as my main handgun and fired 3K rounds from it in 3 days. The class was Mas Ayoobs advanced instructor class. The drills were constant and no time was given for cleaning between them. I had aboulutely NO malfunctions. I used 4 mags, and all drills were 6 round drills with fast reloads for a total of 18-24 rounds per drill. Mas wants his peple to be able to speed reload and the P2K is VERY fast.
    That is NO malfunctions in 3K rounds during this class.
    Last month I attended Tom Givens advanced Instructor class and fired 1500 rounds from the same handgun, again, no malfunctions.
    My gun is a LEM with a trigger job from Bill Springfield so it has a very fast reset.
    This is my ideal for a defensive handgun.

Thumbs up

The P2000 LEM is pretty great. My P2SK ran flawlessly, too. Amazing little animal, no matter what ammunition or conditions. 3000rds without a burp is a decent run, but unsurprising (with these wonderful HK's).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I had a P2000 and shot it very well. I never had a jam in it ever. The only reason I did not keep it was because I could not make my mag changes quick enough. I tried and tried to get better at the mag changes but my fingers are just not long enough. The P2000 is a fine carry gun but the mag release is not for me.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

My gov't issued gun is a P2K. I like it a lot! The only malfs that I had were due to bad mags - I had two bad mags! After replacement I've been 100% with it. I find that using both the thumb and middle finger simultaneously that mag changes are effortless and fast.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    HI, I just returned from the class. I used my P2K as my main handgun and fired 3K rounds from it in 3 days. The class was Mas Ayoobs advanced instructor class. The drills were constant and no time was given for cleaning between them. I had aboulutely NO malfunctions. I used 4 mags, and all drills were 6 round drills with fast reloads for a total of 18-24 rounds per drill. Mas wants his peple to be able to speed reload and the P2K is VERY fast.
    That is NO malfunctions in 3K rounds during this class.
    Last month I attended Tom Givens advanced Instructor class and fired 1500 rounds from the same handgun, again, no malfunctions.
    My gun is a LEM with a trigger job from Bill Springfield so it has a very fast reset.
    This is my ideal for a defensive handgun.
    I'm glad I taught you well, 3 Feathers. You may remember I used my H&K P30 for Mas' MAG 80 class in Sierra Vista replete with concurrent dust storms daily. Here's my P30 at the end of the course. Not one hiccup. Still my all-time favorite EDC! Oh, and the brown markings you see are dust, not rust.
    Attached Images
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

German guns are like German cars. They are meant to be driven like...you've rented them! They just won't lay down. There's a reason why an HK is an HK & a 911 is a 911. It's difficult to ever find anyone who was unhappy to own one!
    aznav and Ranger45 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

about 15000 rounds between three HK's: P2000, P2000 SK and Hk45C any ammo never a FTF.
    Great guns.

Vodek

Distinguished Member
    Incidentally, the P30 has an ambidextrous paddle release opposite the trigger for flawless ejection of the mag.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I ran my Stoeger Cougar at Frontsight.......and it blew up.....

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    German guns are like German cars. It's difficult to ever find anyone who was unhappy to own one!
    GT there are German guns and then there are german guns! Last year I started my MAG-40 class with my Walther PPS since it was to be my EDC, but I needed to switch over to my HK P-30 to finish due to PPS' FTFs. The PPS was to Walther CS aka S & W CS twice and finally replaced on the third trip. The Walther Police Pistol Slim is no match for any of my HK P2000 SK! Pushing 4,000 rounds thru my 9mm training pistol without a Hic-Up. All 3 are LEM and I converted them from V2 to V1. Still holding on to the PPS, as it now eats JHP but reserved it for when I need a small form factor.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    The drills were constant and no time was given for cleaning between them.
    One question 3 feathers as it sound like a great class, did Mas put you thru the FAStest? If he did, how was the performance of P2000 with LEM and reloads. I've read, haven't seen, that the LEM is slow on this type of speed drill with its reset.

I've got another 40 hour MAG-40 this October. I'm interested to hear his take on whats happening.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links