Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

This is a discussion on Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Doodle man that's just mean... Of course I could be in a bad mood for other reasons right now that I'm sure ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    man that's just mean... Of course I could be in a bad mood for other reasons right now that I'm sure most of us share...
    Could be.

Just chill about the gun, it will get done when it's done. Just ride it out until you get word it's finished. I know it's tough but the work/wait is worth it.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, I have a 2nd Gen G17 being sent to Bowie for a similar package as the P30S, not sure if I want to stay with the Delta Point for it or go with a Trijicon RMR.

For those following the RDS equipped pistol, Hilton Yam of 10-8 (the blog is now "Modern Service Weapons" is experimenting with several RMRs, much to many's dismay they aren't doing so hot. But Trijicon is "working on it"

Not trying to slam the RMR as obviously the Delta Point is not without failures but the RMR is often hailed as the more durable unit.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Looks slick. That is a fancy gun! Weird about the issues with the trigger....

How's that holster working out for appendix carry?

Austin
    I tried an appendix carry for my Glock 17, and just couldn't make myself like it. The belt loops directly over the pistol, rather than spread out front and rear make it carry like a gym bag for me. I wound up going with modified X-Concealment and Shark-Tec iwbs. Gary Brommeland is also working up a custom owb for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Could be.

Just chill about the gun, it will get done when it's done. Just ride it out until you get word it's finished. I know it's tough but the work/wait is worth it.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, I have a 2nd Gen G17 being sent to Bowie for a similar package as the P30S, not sure if I want to stay with the Delta Point for it or go with a Trijicon RMR.

For those following the RDS equipped pistol, Hilton Yam of 10-8 (the blog is now "Modern Service Weapons" is experimenting with several RMRs, much to many's dismay they aren't doing so hot. But Trijicon is "working on it"

Not trying to slam the RMR as obviously the Delta Point is not without failures but the RMR is often hailed as the more durable unit.
    Great-looking set-up, JD. Sorry to hear about all the issues, but glad you are getting them worked out. I have had the DeltaPoint mounted on mine for a year, completely issue-free. I have changed the battery once, after about seven months. That threw the zero a bit, but easily readjusted. My biggest gripe with the DP is the adjustment screws. As with an edc laser sight, it is necessary to regularly wipe off the emitter.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I tried an appendix carry for my Glock 17, and just couldn't make myself like it. The belt loops directly over the pistol, rather than spread out front and rear make it carry like a gym bag for me. I wound up going with modified X-Concealment and Shark-Tec iwbs. Gary Brommeland is also working up a custom owb for me.
    It's not my favorite solution either, but with this package, my options were limited. Some other stuff has popped up the P30, I may give it a try or I may just order some Kydex and fashion a new mount for the loops.

My other beef is the loops themselves, in the current format I'd like to see one solid loop with the two pulls, like the loops found on the Galco Royal Guard etc.

We'll see what happens when the snow sets in.

I'm good... I don't care for how the thick plastic frame of the rmr blocks the view and that Window is tiny.

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Re: Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Great-looking set-up, JD. Sorry to hear about all the issues, but glad you are getting them worked out. I have had the DeltaPoint mounted on mine for a year, completely issue-free. I have changed the battery once, after about seven months. That threw the zero a bit, but easily readjusted. My biggest gripe with the DP is the adjustment screws. As with an edc laser sight, it is necessary to regularly wipe off the emitter.
    Yeah, my Trijicon lens pen is my new best friend. I need to get a couple more, Best Buy should have something similar in the camera section.

As for the Delta Point adjustment screws....I really wish the had used a T6 instead of a T5 and...I really didn't care for the entire adjustment process in general. Wish it had click adjustments etc.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

VIP Member
    It's not my favorite solution either, but with this package, my options were limited. Some other stuff has popped up the P30, I may give it a try or I may just order some Kydex and fashion a new mount for the loops.

My other beef is the loops themselves, in the current format I'd like to see one solid loop with the two pulls, like the loops found on the Galco Royal Guard etc.

We'll see what happens when the snow sets in.
    I'm not sure how adept you are with kydex, but here is what I go with, to perhaps give you an idea or two. This one is an off-the-shelf model from X-Concealment. It rides a bit too high, and the loops would do well to be further apart:
    X-concealment 001.JPG
    This one is from Shark-Tac. I had to do a change to the loops and do some serious drimmeling, but it works well enough. Again, it could ride lower:Shark-Tac 003.JPGShark-Tac 004.JPGShark-Tac 007.JPG
    Here it is beside a Brommeland Max-Con V holding my 19, just for a comparison. I much prefer the low ride of the Brommeland. If I get a chance to have the Shark-Tac guy do another one for me, it will incorporate that lower ride. It was all new when I had him make it, so I wasn't as insistent as I should have been:
    Shark-Tac 002.JPG

JD [OP]
    Administrator

I like the holster body of the Silent Thnder just fine its the mounting fixture that I need to tweak. If I could get the outboard loop about 3 or 4 inches past to clear the first belt loop is be pretty happy with it.

VIP Member
    I like the holster body of the Silent Thnder just fine its the mounting fixture that I need to tweak. If I could get the outboard loop about 3 or 4 inches past to clear the first belt loop is be pretty happy with it.

Most of my trousers have re-positioned belt loops, to very satisfactory effect. The problem I am running into now is that I have lost about fifteen pounds, and it is changing the cant of everything.

Wow - Mike1956 - that kydex holster rides very high!

I'm still in the process of finding the perfect holster for my Glock 21. I had a hernia repair on my right (inguinal) side and so carrying at 1 o'clock with a full size gun is quite painful - they put in the mesh and fish valve and stuff, and it is sensitive to being touched at all. So instead I end up with the gun right at my centerline - I button the two straps of my Archangel on either side of my pants button, and shift the buckle of my belt over to the right.

I'm optimistic about the Shaggy with reverse cant that I have ordered - I think a wedge along the belt line to tilt the grip in will do just the trick. Other solutions such as changing the loop location to accomplish the same basic goal also look promising. So I have a C&D PIC ordered also (which I may or may not ever see...).

In any case, having a tuckable option for "AIWB" would be nice - but don't do anything dressed in civilian clothes that I can't do with an untucked shirt or cover garment of some kind. Even with this Archangel - I consider it a temporary solution - which basically does nothing to conceal the gun other than put it in my pants, it is not difficult to conceal under a t shirt.

I saw a post on here where someone modified their Archangel with moving a belt loop to bring the grip in, and adding some foam to tilt the grip in/muzzle out. Now the question is - do I have any closed cell foam? And what did I do with all those extra helmet pads I had? I hope I didn't throw them away....

Once I get my Shaggy I'll let you know - I'm certain he makes them for the P30S, and the sights wouldn't be an issue. No tuckable option though. He takes orders every Monday.

Austin

JD [OP]
    Administrator

I actually could care less about the tuckable part, that's just currently the only way to get the holster the way I wanted it.

I called up Garrett Industies and sent them some pictures of what I was thinking would be a better mount and they should have one in the mail for me TOMORROW! Talk about service!

Looks good, but why didnt they do the slide lock or safety lever while they had the cerakote workin?
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Looks good, but why didnt they do the slide lock or safety lever while they had the cerakote workin?
    A couple of reasons:
    1 I didn't ask for it
    2 I had a plan in place to replace the original slide stop levers with a "slim" set (which I have done) and as for the safety, I may have it coated later but I'm trying to locate a vendor to machine a larger set of safety levers so there was no reason to pay for parts to be coated just to take them off the gun.

I'm thinking of sending Bowie Tactical my M&P
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wscottp7 View Post
    I'm thinking of sending Bowie Tactical my M&P
    I don't think you'd be sorry, but be advised that he's a one man shop and in high demand. The work will take some time to get done but it's well worth it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links