Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

This is a discussion on Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; RE: RMR Issues First of all, I will say that even as good a Trijicon is, anything man-made is subject to problems. There have been ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

  1. #46
    Ex Member Array ScottM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    716
    RE: RMR Issues

    First of all, I will say that even as good a Trijicon is, anything man-made is subject to problems.

    There have been a few problems reported with RMR's on WarriorTalk, but Trijicon took care of them right away.

    TSD Combat Systems has spent a lot of research hours and $$ on properly milling slides and mounting the RMR. According to Gabe Suarez, they "surpassed 1000 units quite some time ago".

    IMO, perhaps some of the RMR issues that have recently cropped up have occurred due more to people wanting to get a piece of the milled slide pie and haven't spent the time and money to research the details needed to do the job correctly.

    Gabe posted an email from someone who had a slide butchered to the point that it would have to be replaced by one of these, merely to save $50 over the cost of a TSD unit. This 'gunsmith' wouldn't return the customers emails or calls either.

    While I find the JPoint to be a less-than-desirable RDS for mounting now, I have been well pleased with the mounting job TSD did in the early days of their service. They will no longer mill for anything other than the RMR, as they have found that the other sights do not hold up as well as the Trijicon units overall.

    If you are getting into having a pistol-mounted RDS, do your research. And don't be a cheapskate.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,280
    I did lots of research, and ultimately went with Bowie.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  4. #48
    JD [OP]
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,233
    I have no doubt that the TSD pistols are good to go and I think they're a fantastic "get it now" option but if you want anything beyond that scope of work you need to go someplace else.

    I had actually thought about just buying a TSD gun and sending it off to Bowie for texturing etc. but I just didn't see any benefit of doing so.

    As for doing the research, I was very confident in giving Bowie my P30 to do despite the fact that this was the fist P30 he was doing with the mill job and that my gun would be a guinea pig to be the blue print for other P30s coming in for work.

    Dave Spaulding, Larry Vickers, Kelly McCann, Mike Seeklander and others all have had work done by Bowie and that's not counting all the students @ TDI that had had work done by Bowie. Having had my hands on TSD guns and Bowie guns, I'd take the Bowie gun unless I had to have the gun RIGHT NOW and could not wait out the lead time.


    For a basic red dot, sights only I'd have not problem recommending TSD guns, for polymer gun work like retexturing etc. (other than Bowie) I would suggest ROBAR & Boresight Solutions.

    To be continued...

  5. #49
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I have no doubt that the TSD pistols are good to go and I think they're a fantastic "get it now" option but if you want anything beyond that scope of work you need to go someplace else.

    I had actually thought about just buying a TSD gun and sending it off to Bowie for texturing etc. but I just didn't see any benefit of doing so.

    As for doing the research, I was very confident in giving Bowie my P30 to do despite the fact that this was the fist P30 he was doing with the mill job and that my gun would be a guinea pig to be the blue print for other P30s coming in for work.

    Dave Spaulding, Larry Vickers, Kelly McCann, Mike Seeklander and others all have had work done by Bowie and that's not counting all the students @ TDI that had had work done by Bowie. Having had my hands on TSD guns and Bowie guns, I'd take the Bowie gun unless I had to have the gun RIGHT NOW and could not wait out the lead time.


    For a basic red dot, sights only I'd have not problem recommending TSD guns, for polymer gun work like retexturing etc. (other than Bowie) I would suggest ROBAR & Boresight Solutions.

    To be continued...
    I haven't heard or read anything unfavorable about TSD products, but like you, opted to go with Bowie Tactical for my milled slide Glock. I was able to meet with him personally, examine some of his work first-hand and ask lots of questions. I got to compare Glocks and M&Ps in a variety of configurations, and do side-by-sides with DeltaPoints and Trijicons. Since then, I have had the opportunity to go through a fair amount of training of which he was a major part, and have yet to be disappointed.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  6. #50
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't think you'd be sorry, but be advised that he's a one man shop and in high demand. The work will take some time to get done but it's well worth it.
    This is gospel...His website says 16 to 24 weeks depending on work. I sent in my m&p for ground up work...basically the whole shebang. I expected that I would start getting updates at the 3 month mark and I would DEFINITELY have my gun by the 6th month...well since mr bowie has update his website the last time he's doing more stuff at TDI, show appearances and overall more guns. I had to get over my little mental block. I may grumble sometimes but JD is absolutely right...it takes a long time beacause he's VERY busy. He's very busy because he builds THE BEST. I want the best so I've quit bugging him and am waiting on the word of finished...I'd rather it done to standards than rushed.

  7. #51
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    This is gospel...His website says 16 to 24 weeks depending on work. I sent in my m&p for ground up work...basically the whole shebang. I expected that I would start getting updates at the 3 month mark and I would DEFINITELY have my gun by the 6th month...well since mr bowie has update his website the last time he's doing more stuff at TDI, show appearances and overall more guns. I had to get over my little mental block. I may grumble sometimes but JD is absolutely right...it takes a long time beacause he's VERY busy. He's very busy because he builds THE BEST. I want the best so I've quit bugging him and am waiting on the word of finished...I'd rather it done to standards than rushed.
    His TDI commitments pretty much come to a halt during the cold months, so he will hopefully be catching back up. I tried to get him to do a simple grip chop for me this fall, and he assured me it would be at least four months before he got to it.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  8. #52
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,246
    Be advised, also that Bowie doesn't do updates. Honestly, he doesn't have the time to sit down and tell you what he's doing. If you are friends with him on FB or something you might get a, "I am working on your gun" otherwise youllhear from him when it's done of he has a question.
    He's had my Glock for 6 months now and I have no intention of pestering him I know he's working hard.

  9. #53
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Be advised, also that Bowie doesn't do updates. Honestly, he doesn't have the time to sit down and tell you what he's doing. If you are friends with him on FB or something you might get a, "I am working on your gun" otherwise youllhear from him when it's done of he has a question.
    He's had my Glock for 6 months now and I have no intention of pestering him I know he's working hard.
    I get the same thing from him face to face.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  10. #54
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Be advised, also that Bowie doesn't do updates. Honestly, he doesn't have the time to sit down and tell you what he's doing. If you are friends with him on FB or something you might get a, "I am working on your gun" otherwise youllhear from him when it's done of he has a question.
    He's had my Glock for 6 months now and I have no intention of pestering him I know he's working hard.
    I may have asked before but what all are you getting done?

  11. #55
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    His TDI commitments pretty much come to a halt during the cold months, so he will hopefully be catching back up. I tried to get him to do a simple grip chop for me this fall, and he assured me it would be at least four months before he got to it.
    Lets hope...funny I'd like to apologize to him for pesterin' him but I don't want to pester him. I'll just wait till the pistol is complete and he calls/emails me.

  12. #56
    JD [OP]
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,233

    Re: Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I may have asked before but what all are you getting done?
    ...she doesn't remember.



    Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

  13. #57
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    ...she doesn't remember.



    Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
    Really!? My wife forgets NOTHING!

  14. #58
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,246
    It was a long time ago! Give me a break. Lol

    I know I'm getting a grip reduction and an undercut trigger guard.. extended magazine release, ummm... new sights... magazine cutout???

    ?????

  15. #59
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    It was a long time ago! Give me a break. Lol

    I know I'm getting a grip reduction and an undercut trigger guard.. extended magazine release, ummm... new sights... magazine cutout???

    ?????
    rds? Refinish in a cool tactical lime green (or tan), stippling, radiusing, trigger work?

  16. #60
    Ex Member Array ScottM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    716
    TSD does grip work as well
    http://www.onesourcetactical.com/tsd...fications.aspx
    As well as selling the uppers and complete pistols.

    So much for you guys 'research'...

    So I ask why wait 16-24 months on one guy when you can have it all sooner?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bowie tactical concepts
,

bowie tactical concepts vickers package

,
bowie tactical hk
,

bowie tactical hk p30

,
bowie tactical vickers package
,

cerakote sniper gray

,
g19 deltapoint
,

hk p30 deltapoint

,

hk p30 rmr

,

hk p30 with delta point

,
hk p30 with rmr
,

sniper gray cerakote

Click on a term to search for related topics.