Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS - Page 5

Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

This is a discussion on Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ScottM TSD does grip work as well. So much for you guys 'research'... So I ask why wait 16-24 months on one ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    TSD does grip work as well.

So much for you guys 'research'...

So I ask why wait 16-24 months on one guy when you can have it all sooner?
    M&P trigger work among other things.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    TSD does grip work as well
    One Source Tactical - TSD Slide & Frame Modifications
    As well as selling the uppers and complete pistols.

So much for you guys 'research'...

So I ask why wait 16-24 months on one guy when you can have it all sooner?
    I do believe I said texturing etc.

As to why wait:

I see nothing there for HK services, over travel stops or trigger work in general. Nor do I see a whole lot of other services that Bowie offers.

Some people don't want a whole new gun, but want work done on their existing gun that goes beyond what TSD offers.

Some want the grip reduction to make a G17 have a 19 sized frame, some want a G19 to have a 26 sized frame. I don't see that option available from TSD.

I may be picky, but I think the textured epoxy texture job they show looks like crap, nor do I see grip texturing services for HK, Sig, XD, M&P, Walther etc. Just Glock. edited to add: Nor do I like the epoxy texture jobs, yes we have a similar gun and I don't care for it.

I like Dave Bowie, while I have nothing against Suarez and enjoy his writings and his training curriculum, but I KNOW Dave Bowie and like to spend money with people I know or local businesses etc. when at all possible.

Some may want a Delta Point and you yourself said that TSD only caters to RMRs.

Some may want work done on a Lone Wolf or Caspain slide not available from TSD. *We do not do modifications on Lonewolf or Caspian slides!*

Some may just not want to do business with Suarez

Others might just want to have a "Bowie gun" because it's cool.

In my case, I've got about six different guns I can carry. I'm in no hurry and and don't mind waiting for what I think is a higher grade of work.

Edited to add:

If I NEEDED a red dot equipped pistol right this instant, I would have no issue getting a TSD Glock, M&P etc, but I don't so I'm going to wait and have the gun built up the way I want it.
    Last edited by JD; November 8th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Mike1956, Doodle and limatunes like this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    rds? Refinish in a cool tactical lime green (or tan), stippling, radiusing, trigger work?
    No, I didn't get any slide work. I didn't really need the dehorning (or whatever Bowie calls it) and while I thought of at least getting the slide cut for an RDS just in case I want it in the future I decided not to do it. I got to use the RDS while I was at TDI and it was cool and all but I shot just as well without it. I'm not cross dominant, I have no real reason to get one and since JD did shoot better with the RDS and wanted to get it I thought we should spend the money on him instead of me.

I do think I got the trigger job though. Love love love the bowie triggers.

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Re: Bowie Tactical Concepts HK P30S w/ Delta Point RDS

If I recall, Lima is getting:
    Trigger job
    Night sights
    Grip reduction and 360 texturing w/ removal of finger grooves
    Under cut trigger guard
    Extended mag release
    Mag well opened up and cut outs.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    No, I didn't get any slide work. I didn't really need the dehorning (or whatever Bowie calls it) and while I thought of at least getting the slide cut for an RDS just in case I want it in the future I decided not to do it. I got to use the RDS while I was at TDI and it was cool and all but I shot just as well without it. I'm not cross dominant, I have no real reason to get one and since JD did shoot better with the RDS and wanted to get it I thought we should spend the money on him instead of me.

I do think I got the trigger job though. Love love love the bowie triggers.
    Let it go down in history... A wife said better to spend money on the husband... Can you talk to my wife for me?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If I recall, Lima is getting:
    Trigger job
    Night sights
    Grip reduction and 360 texturing w/ removal of finger grooves
    Under cut trigger guard
    Extended mag release
    Mag well opened up and cut outs.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
    in reality that's probably all the Glock really needs... Although I wanted to try the RDS so that bought me a refinish... So I went with tan. The slide radiusing was kind of a well while your at it decision. I basically had it done if it could be done on my m&p... Mentally building the ultimate. There was nothing on the list I couldn't justify to myself but the ct laser, I just never liked lasers on guns.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links