Calling all BP9CC owners!

This is a discussion on Calling all BP9CC owners! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone who owns a BP9CC help me out here? We picked one up last Feb. And it has been a good shooter until a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By luvmy40

Thread: Calling all BP9CC owners!

Sponsor

Can anyone who owns a BP9CC help me out here?

We picked one up last Feb. And it has been a good shooter until a few weeks ago. It started having an issue with not resetting reliably.

I have figured out what is happening but I am not sure why.

There is a spring, the "sear retainer spring" that keeps pressure on the the "sear retainer" or the mag disconnect cam. You can see the spring in the picture.

What isn't very clear in the pic is that there is a small hole adjacent to the pin that the spring is wrapped around. There does not appear to be anything to capture the stationary leg of the spring, but if there was a pin/post/retainer of some kind in this hole it would be in the perfect place to do the job. The loose leg that can be seen in the pic is actually about 180 degrees CCW from it's home position which is against a shelf on the sear retainer. The spring looks to be intact as referenced from a picture of the replacement parts page on bersa.com. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a parts blow up diagram to see if there is a missing piece.

Has anyone taken their BP9CC down this far that could verify if I am missing anything?
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I haven't had any issues with my BP yet, so I'm not help. I would suggest you go over to Bersa Chat Forum - The Front Page and see if one of the guys over there can help.
    A lot of BP owners there, and a good bunch of folks always willing to help.

BPCC Series Pistols
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Sponsor
    Thanks,
    I have posts at bersachat and the bersa.co forum

There is very little activity at either though someone pointed out the key grease points on the sub frame.

I actually just got off of the phone with a Gunsmith at Bersa's service center in Baton Rouge, LA. He was very helpful and did verify that there is a roll pin missing from the hole in the sub frame. He said that he's seen 4 or 5 with this issue.

It seems to me to be a weak design(the roll pin), a purpose specific flanged pin would have zero chance of ever working free and falling out. I asked if he would recommend peening the roll pin a bit to help keep it in place more securely. He said that is what he did for the few that he repaired.

So now I just need to pick up a 2mm roll pin.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    M&P Forum
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    The loose leg that can be seen in the pic is actually about 180 degrees CCW from it's home position
    Are you sure that's not 180 degrees CW? (wisecrack mode now turned off... I just couldn't help myself)
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Sponsor
    I could not find a 2mm roll pin but a 5/64" pin was a perfectly tight fit. The Bersa is up and running again.

So if anyone else experiences this issue, a 5/64"x 1/4" roll pin will do the job nicely. The sear assemble is very simple to dismantle and reassemble with the aid of a small nail as a slave pin to help align the sear and spring.
    zonker1986 and .XX like this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    M&P Forum
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I could not find a 2mm roll pin but a 5/64" pin was a perfectly tight fit. The Bersa is up and running again.

So if anyone else experiences this issue, a 5/64"x 1/4" roll pin will do the job nicely. The sear assemble is very simple to dismantle and reassemble with the aid of a small nail as a slave pin to help align the sear and spring.
    good for you. Afraid I'm not much of a gun smith. Glad you got it working, and thanks for the info.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links