Ruger finally broke me

Ruger finally broke me

This is a discussion on Ruger finally broke me within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been a diehard Springfield Armory fan when it came to 1911s and was hesitant to try any other manufacturer that makes 1911s. That is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ruger finally broke me

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Ruger finally broke me

I've been a diehard Springfield Armory fan when it came to 1911s and was hesitant to try any other manufacturer that makes 1911s. That is until Ruger introduced their own 1911. I've always liked Ruger firearms and especially their revolvers. I read multiple articles on the new SR1911 that I believe came out last year and demand seemed pretty high for them. I sure didn't feel like spending 900-1200 dollars for a 1911 that had the extended beavertail grip safety and skeletonized hammer which to me are important because I used to own a GI Springfield and the grip safety tore up the web of my right hand. I had a Springfield Loaded 1911 but traded that for AR accessories which I regretted later. When I saw my gun shop had the Ruger SR1911 in stock for $695 I was awe struck at how beautiful it looked and I fondled it a bit and needless to say one ended up following me home today.

An all American made 1911 for the price of many of the imported 1911s and comes with many of the features found on higher end 1911 pistols. I love it!

Thanks Ruger!

Now to just get out to the range and try her out!

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Very nice! Ruger is hard to beat for the money and over-all value you get with the American made stamp on it. Good luck.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Man that is purdy!!!

Very nice looking gun. Can't wait for the range report!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Very nice! Hope it works well for you. Actually, I was unaware of this new Ruger pistol until now.

Nice gun! I have yet to see one other than in pictures, and not for lack of trying.

I'm curious about the frame and slide specs, and wondering if anyone has the "unshakeable facts". Is either forged or cast? The reason I ask is that Ruger is in the forefront of casting technology, and their Pine Tree Castings division is a major supplier to the aerospace biz. I don't harbor any favoritism toward one or the other; properly done castings have numerous advantages over forgings.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Here is a write-up by a custom pistolsmith on his examination of a Ruger SR1911. Ruger SR1911 Review

Be sure you take plenty of ammo to the range with you as once you start shooting it you won’t want to stop.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

OD*
    Congratulations.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Congratulations. Uou are lucky to have even found one.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

nice find! I've been looking for that exact firearm around here, and have yet to see one....the wife is sure gonna be annoyed with me when one pops up.
    oneshot likes this.

there is currently one sitting in the case at my LGS. Most of the folks at my range are younger and high income. I think this draws them to either plastic or the more expensive names, like Kimber.

There is also a Kahr MK9 that has been sitting at the bottom of one of the cases for a while now. I like that pistol a lot. It may follow me home one of these days. It probably would have if it wasn't so expensive.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

I'll tell you, I have been very, very impressed with the guns Ruger has been putting out for the last few years. The SR9/40 series of pistols feels very good in the hand and after a couple of initial hiccups, seem to be very solid performing hand guns. The SR5.56 is an amazing piston AR. The SR22 is a heck of a great little .22lr pistol and a whole lot of fun. My LCP could not be a better pocket carry gun. I have heard nothing but good things about the LC9. And now this, the SR1911.

I'm not a big 1911 fan. Never have been. I shoot them fine and I do not in any way dislike them, I've just never been bitten by the 1911 bug. But if Ruger is making it, then I think I will have to give it a hard look.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Hickok45 loves his SR1911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAZ5EYxpl2o

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

Never seen this gun til now but damn is it sexy. Not a bad price either.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I was surprised to find one and this wasn't the only one in stock at my gun shop. I got one literally new in box so that's always nice.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links