Interesting G19 experience...

This is a discussion on Interesting G19 experience... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I think we experienced the "limp wrist" phenomenon while shooting my Glock 19gen4 with my wife. For my birthday fun-day last week we started ...

So I think we experienced the "limp wrist" phenomenon while shooting my Glock 19gen4 with my wife.

For my birthday fun-day last week we started out the day at the range. I brought my G19 with 100 rounds and rented a Beretta PX4 Storm .45ACP (hey it was my birthday I wanted to shoot a big round). My wife and I took turns first with the Beretta. She doesn't come to the range much but when she does she impresses me that she's a pretty good shot. I had originally purchased the 19 because it is compact for her to use as a home defense gun and I figured the 9mm was easier for her to manage....anyway she shot the 45 like a champ (nice gun by the way).

Anyway we switched to the Glock after the PX4. After about the 2nd or 3rd magazine a funny thing started happening every time she would go to shoot. The first round would fire no problem, and the second would mis-feed. Basically the action would not close and the round would be sitting on an angle. Several times I cleared the jam, re-loaded the round and fired several shots no problem. This happened several times but only when she was shooting.

The "term" limp-wristing popped into my head at the time. The thing that was weird is we have shot this very gun before and this has never happened. My hypothesis is this- usually when we shoot the 9mm at the end her accuracy gets off, which is possibly because her hands and arms get tired. This time we shot a bigger caliber (and gun) first and I think she got tired after that. This caused her to hold the glock more loosely and experience the youtube "limp wrist" phenomenon. With the other customers firing and the hearing protection it was hard to explain what I thought was happening, so we need to go back fresh and see if she has this problem again.

anyway, does this make sense? I have put 1000+ rounds through that gun and never experienced anything like that at all...anyway I know i'm new here so please don't flame me....

I think you nailed it - shooter fatigue. If the gun worked fine for you but not your wife, then it's the shooter and not the gun.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I wonder about the possibility of incorrectly seated mags since it is always the second round. Just a thought.

That is an interesting thought. I tend to hold my Glock 26 and 30 very lightly. I don't squeeze very hard but I am a fairly large guy too. I never have a problem with FTF's. Now when my 10 year old son shoots my 26, he has quite a few of them. We narrowed it down to the fact that he has small hands and he is pushing up on the bottom of the clip when he shoots. Now that you brought this topic up, I bet some of the problem is limp wristing for him. Thanks for sharing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think you nailed it - shooter fatigue. If the gun worked fine for you but not your wife, then it's the shooter and not the gun.

^^^^^BOOM^^^^^^^^

Dere' it is!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links