BK grips (like Tyler t grips) review

This is a discussion on BK grips (like Tyler t grips) review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a quick no pic post. I got a set of bk grips the other day, and overall I'm happy. I have a few Tyler ...

Thread: BK grips (like Tyler t grips) review

Just a quick no pic post. I got a set of bk grips the other day, and overall I'm happy. I have a few Tyler t's and one bk, and they all do the job. Some analysis:

Hassle factor:
    Tyler's are a moderate hassle to order. You need to print something out and write a check and actually mail it in. On one hand, it's not really any serious work. On the other hand, I've been long spoiled in this Internet shopping age, and this a slight hassle
    BK: easy online order form

Wait:
    Tyler's take forever
    BK's took under a week from click to door for me.

Functionality:
    Tyler's are the original, work well
    BK's have a double clip which seems better. Plus my fit with BK's seem slightly better, though both fit well.

Quality/Bling
    The Tyler's win this category. They have a solid metal feel, and they look and feel better. I'd BBQ gun with the Tyler's over the BK's. Plus, it seems that BK's only have black, whereas the Tyler's come in all sorts of colors and models. I love the chrome/silver Tyler's on blued guns.
    The BK's are plastic and feel like it. They feel solid enough and are not flimsy or soft, and there is no worry about it failing or breaking. It just doesn't have that cool feeling metal, and cosmetically they aren't quite as nice. Though I doubt anybody would notice, unless they actually took the time to analyze your grips.

In the end, I'm glad I have both, and would order from both again, depending on my needs and circumstances. I think the BK's are a little cheaper.

Great review. Thanks

Sponsored Links