Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

This is a discussion on Big Problems w/ My Little XDs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just the same off the cuff ideas about being my fault, or send it to SA? I put it on consignment. Not my problem anymore. ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

Just the same off the cuff ideas about being my fault, or send it to SA? I put it on consignment. Not my problem anymore. Just saying. Either gonna get a kahr or glock, dont care which as long as it goes bang when i pull the trigger. p.s. I cant believe so many experts cant take the time to read ANY of the other pages of this thread. Pics and all. really? My buddy has a xdm 9mm and yes it fires perfectly. Along with my toyota that runs well. This experience here has been an eye opener to say the least. Now i know why this countrys ran by obamas. Now i know my spelling is bad, BUT i can make the EFFORT to read a whole thread before i type something.

Good god this country is doomed.

2. Remove Ads

Wow is that a rant? Calm down little buddy.

Thumbs up Springfield Armory is a Stand Up Company

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityChief View Post
    Sorry you had that problem. Springfield Armory would've addressed your issue with speed and professionalism. That said, you selected a fine replacement. Good luck with the Glock.
    I had issues with my XDS Bi-Tone and sent it back to Springfield twice. They paid to ship back and forth both times with no questions asked nor hard time given. The techs said they could not duplicate my problems (light pin strikes, off center pin strikes, slide not fully going into battery, slide getting stuck back after racking a new magazine). After the second return SA offered to exchange my XDS for an XDM. I figured the XDS was an early release of a new model so I jumped at the offer and got an XDM45 compact which works flawlessly so far. Still breaking it in.

Springfield's service is exemplary and keeps me coming back. My experience with my XDM's has been mainly positive (My XDM40 compact and my XDM45 did need to be sent to SA for some adjustments when I first got them (extractor issues both times I believe)). After the kinks were fixed my XDMs have worked flawlessly since.

The bottom line is SA stands behind their product and they took care of my problems to my satisfaction whether it was repair or replacement!

With anything that goes thru a manufacturing process, there will be the occassional lemon. I had a Kimber Ulta Carry II that was not cheap. Everyone said go for it and it had a good reputation. Had nothing but problems, jams, misfires, and it was brand new. A local Gunsmith did some work to it as the wait time to send it back to Kimber for repairs was 3+ months. Made it better but still had issues. Sold it at a huge loss and moved on. Would I buy a Kimber again, sure would. I just got a lemon.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by Evilrandy View Post
    I own an XDs and never had a problem. I can tell you that most people that experience FTF's with this gun are limp wristing it which can be an issure with any auto.
    I'm gonna throw a "what if" out here, and may get flamed for it but:
    Suppose with the "Back-strap Safety" the firing pin block may be falling during recoil? if the XD is not held clear up to the top of the dovetail on the handle? Possibility? That could wreak a lot of damage to the firing pin.

We recently purchased the XD9 Subcompact and the XD40 Subcompact for my wife, also the Ruger SR9c and the SR40c for myself. They have been flawless so far, only 100 rounds each.
    I will be paying extra attention when I field strip and clean them next for the issues mentioned here.

Im on the waiting list for an XDS and i have the same 12 year old child feeling. I have had an XD9 and an XDM40 for about 7 years and not one problem with either of them. Its the first and third handgun that i purchased and im going back for my third XD just for that reason of never ever having an issue. I cant say that i have any complaints other than the loose feel of the long magazine in the XDM 40 sub compact. I would take advantage of the warranty as i did for my S&W, no question. I want 100% reliability on something that im counting on to save lives.

I have an XDS I bought in December and have about 700 rounds through it without any problems.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, Wilson CQB, LB Premier II
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    +1 is all regards. I didn't mention that I had 3 FTE's and lockback issues with an XD9 4" too. I think Springfield has some quality control issues to to work though.
    You mean like Glock had with their Gen4's. Just sayin'
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I had a nasty first 640 rounds through my XDS with numerous light strikes, slide locking back in middle of mag, FTE, brass hitting my forehead, slide failing to lock back on last round, trigger not resetting, cartridge splitting and jamming in the barrel - I think that's all of them. I was ready to give up on it but had my LGS test fire it. (I wasn't sure I wanted SA to try it out first.) He had ZERO failures. Then, I knew it was me. I put a Talon "gritty" grip on it because I have sweaty hands. I also revisited how my stance was and found I wasn't fully extending my arms out - too much elbow bending. I have since put 140 rounds through it with ZERO failures!!! I was convinced it was the gun but it was just me and I am not embarrassed to admit it.

I am a 2 year newbie but I had never had a problem with my XD9SC, XDM.45, SA 1911.45 and others of lesser caliber. That's why I didn't think it could possibly by me. But, it was.

Try a Talon grip before you give up.
    R040607 and MamaMaria like this.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

I'm looking to buy a XDs even through I'm not a fan of grip safeties but I know I can get used to it.

I recently purchase an XDS as well. Target ammo works fine. I have tried 5 different types of self defense ammo and cannot get it to shoot without multiple jams with any of them. Not sure what to do with it but it is frustrating since I purchased this gun as a carry weapon. Trigger keeps pinching my finger as well. May have to just trade it in.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    I had a nasty first 640 rounds through my XDS with numerous light strikes, slide locking back in middle of mag, FTE, brass hitting my forehead, slide failing to lock back on last round, trigger not resetting, cartridge splitting and jamming in the barrel - I think that's all of them. I was ready to give up on it but had my LGS test fire it. (I wasn't sure I wanted SA to try it out first.) He had ZERO failures. Then, I knew it was me. I put a Talon "gritty" grip on it because I have sweaty hands. I also revisited how my stance was and found I wasn't fully extending my arms out - too much elbow bending. I have since put 140 rounds through it with ZERO failures!!! I was convinced it was the gun but it was just me and I am not embarrassed to admit it.

I am a 2 year newbie but I had never had a problem with my XD9SC, XDM.45, SA 1911.45 and others of lesser caliber. That's why I didn't think it could possibly by me. But, it was.

Try a Talon grip before you give up.
    I think we can all take something from this, regardless of what firearm we are shooting.
    olhippy likes this.

If I wanted a specific Gun bad enough I would have checked into a possible remedy before I dumped it. If all you wanted was a new Gun I guess it worked out for you. "What ever makes you happy" ?????????

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    Have a XD40 and never had a single problem. Want to get the XDs 45 soon. A state trooper with whom I am friends with has one as back-up. He absolutely loves it.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have"--- Thomas Jefferson, 1778.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

As I write this post, I'm carrying my XDs in a DeSantis Apache ankle holster as I do almost daily. It is a great firearm and I trust my life with it.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links