Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

This is a discussion on Big Problems w/ My Little XDs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MilitaryArms Sonnycrocket, thanks for the sub. I just picked up a XDs today. I put 100 rounds through it right out of ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Sonnycrocket, thanks for the sub.

I just picked up a XDs today. I put 100 rounds through it right out of the box. No issues. I found the gun to be surprisingly easy to shoot with a good trigger and very manageable recoil.

I have another 900 rounds to go before I do a video, but so far so good. I posted a pic and a video over on my Facebook page.

Http://www.facebook.com/militaryarms
    Liked your FB too, Enjoyed the whole Hickock jamboree yall did a few weeks back
    also.....Glad your XDs is functioning for you I wished mine did,its easy to like the gun because of its size
    but it does have a hefty recoil ,i was running some 185G as well as 230s.....and hot 185s are a beast
    Enjoyed your CZ82 videos....ended up buying it as my first C&R Lic gun,its one of my favs now....

good luck

2. Remove Ads

xd's are STILL just a Croatia made HS2000 with a bunch of cool looking packaging and a different name on the side. the only difference is the name on them now is a quality name not a quality firearm.

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    xd's are STILL just a Croatia made HS2000 with a bunch of cool looking packaging and a different name on the side. the only difference is the name on them now is a quality name not a quality firearm.
    I don't know that I agree with the XD being a low quality firearm. I believe the 9mm variant is a fine firearm. It's when you take a gun originally designed for a particular caliber (in this case 9mm) then rechamber it for every other caliber out there, it's not uncommon for the rechambered models to lack the same reliability as the original. I've found this to be true with the Glocks as well. The .40 Glocks have a long history of problems and continued updates being applied to remedy them.

Here's a video I did on the HS2000.

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

I didn't read all the comments, but I figured I'd just in too. I had the exact same issue as the OP. 40 out of 50 rounds of Winchester ball ammo resulted in FTF's. I contacted Springfield today and it will be shipped out tomorrow. I hope it comes back all better, but it has compromised my trust in the firearm. The only thing more dangerous than not having a gun and having a gun that wont fire. As for anyone who says anything about limp wristing, a defensive carry gun should be able to fire upside down with your pinkie and fire any ammo, otherwise it defeats the purpose. Hopefully round 2 will go better. If not, I'll be switching to a Shield or I'll find a way to hide my FN FiveseveN (My baby and favorite gun of all time).

I purchased my XDs back a few month's ago and after cleaning which I do on every gun I purchase before I go to the range so I can check out the insides and have now ran 350rds through her without any problems except for when I let me friend shoot it and he limp wrist it and I had to clear and showed him how to shoot it and he did not have any problems after that. I got rid of both my Colt Defenders because the XDs was so much more accurate which was very suprising to me. It has been on my hip ever since what I thought was break-in period of 100 flawless rounds using every cheap 45acp ammo I had and if when breaking in a handgun does not shoot cheap tulio or cheap brasser brass then I get rid of the gun. I've run several types of hollow points and still cannot get the gun to have any FTF or FTE so it's my daily carry most of the time besides my Sig RCS and my Dan Wesson CCO. I've had 4 Kahrs, MK9, PM9, PM40 & CW9 and since I carry all my guns chambered for some strange reason when I go to clean my Kahrs sometimes the shell would be stuck and the only way to get it out was to fire it out, so I'll never purchase a Kahr ever again!

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielt6 View Post
    I didn't read all the comments, but I figured I'd just in too. I had the exact same issue as the OP. 40 out of 50 rounds of Winchester ball ammo resulted in FTF's. I contacted Springfield today and it will be shipped out tomorrow. I hope it comes back all better, but it has compromised my trust in the firearm. The only thing more dangerous than not having a gun and having a gun that wont fire. As for anyone who says anything about limp wristing, a defensive carry gun should be able to fire upside down with your pinkie and fire any ammo, otherwise it defeats the purpose. Hopefully round 2 will go better. If not, I'll be switching to a Shield or I'll find a way to hide my FN FiveseveN (My baby and favorite gun of all time).
    GOOD LUCK

Springfield did not make it right with me,mine came back PASSED but it still jammed - I ended up trading it in...
    Must be my girly hands

My XD 45 Tactical ran like a champ, Im still kicking myself for letting that gun go. I know many people who have/carry XD's with no issues. Hope you get yours sorted out.
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

to you sir, big broblem

Well my xds bi-tone has the same problem. I sent it back in, because it had FTF on every other 5 round mag. But none the less when i got it back it still had FTF`s. I took it home and noticed after disassembly, the barrel had a bur on it. From the factory. If you take a magnifying glass and look at the Back of the barrel. ie the barrel hood as SA calls it. You will notice extra metal on it. That extra metal needs to be filed off. It will look like a fingernail hanging off the LEFT UPPER part of the barrel hood. As the bullet enters the barrel. [ best way i can describe it.] Anyway when the slide slams forward it isnt always going into full battery. If you look at all your spent casings half are in center fired and the other half not center. This is whats causing this.
    Drivin_Dave likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

Quote Originally Posted by kzrider View Post
    Well my xds bi-tone has the same problem. I sent it back in, because it had FTF on every other 5 round mag. But none the less when i got it back it still had FTF`s. I took it home and noticed after disassembly, the barrel had a bur on it.
    Any chance you have a picture?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

hold on, am gonna try. The last forums i was on told me i didnt have enough points to post a lousy pic. I will host AGAIN on photobucket and paste here. Or try saddly enough. IMG_2043.jpg photo by kzrider | Photobucket

ok theres one pic of my xds with the problem. Half off center fire pin strikes and other half not. WAITING FOR MODERATOR APROVEL?

When i get enough points i will post the rest. This problem can be fixed quit easily. Its a factory error.

Thats what i hate about these forums. Your a member if you have a 8th grade education. But to post a picture you need a 2nd grade education? WOW

NO im not about to go to the xds forums and even try to explain what the problem with there XDS is. As there all perfect there. [just between you and me. The last perfect person to live, they hung on a cross.] So i can show you some pics if a moderator comes on here.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links