Big Problems w/ My Little XDs - Page 5

Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

This is a discussion on Big Problems w/ My Little XDs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; or try this k z r i d e r @ P h o t o b u c k e t . c o ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Big Problems w/ My Little XDs

or try this k z r i d e r @ P h o t o b u c k e t . c o m

thank you sir. ill grab my camera now.

sorry that was my first 2 boxes of ammo,

you cant make it out, but my buddy took a honing stone instead of a file to that point right there. The whole upper left edge lip. or hood if you will. And yes there was a over mill from the machine or something.

And yes those are flat spots and jagged edges on the back of the spring housing from the gun. 500 rounds of factory ammo. And yes its getting worse. I dont care about the blueing rubbbing off. But when it can cut me cleaning it because of some kind of CHEWING UP just from use. ya i do care.

Quote Originally Posted by kzrider View Post
    NO im not about to go to the xds forums and even try to explain what the problem with there XDS is. As there all perfect there. [just between you and me. The last perfect person to live, they hung on a cross.] So i can show you some pics if a moderator comes on here.
    You must be a selective reader if you believe that everyone says their XDS is perfect. My gun is serial number XS551xxx and I have fired 171 rounds without any problems.

Prior to my first trip to the range, I field stripped the gun and placed a drop of Hoppes #9 lubricating oil on all four of the frame rails. I took the gun for a second range trip this morning without cleaning. I fired 100 rounds of Winchester White Box 230 fmj without a single issue.

There are a few posters that have an issue with the recoil spring assembly. I will inspect my gun tomorrow to see if mine is doing the same.

Its not all the xds`s its like a few of them. Im just saying the xds you-tube problem videos are not actually ******** thats all.
    You know what your right. my toyota starts everytime i turn the key, So f-in what. The next time you slap down 6 bills for a new piece, and its got problems. Ill be here to tell you about how mine is problem free.
    For anyone else the extra metal you cant see or maybe not feel it. You need a magnifying glass. But its there. As you can probably tell im not that good with a camera. That edge was dragging across the firing pin side of the slide. And slowing down the action. ie half my rounds firing pin strikes were off center and the other half center fired.
    Now what this has to do with my recoil spring getting chewed up like a rim on a road without a tire i have no freking idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kzrider View Post
    Its not all the xds`s its like a few of them. Im just saying the xds you-tube problem videos are not actually ******** thats all.
    You know what your right. my toyota starts everytime i turn the key, So f-in what. The next time you slap down 6 bills for a new piece, and its got problems. Ill be here to tell you about how mine is problem free.
    For anyone else the extra metal you cant see or maybe not feel it. You need a magnifying glass. But its there. As you can probably tell im not that good with a camera. That edge was dragging across the firing pin side of the slide. And slowing down the action. ie half my rounds firing pin strikes were off center and the other half center fired.
    Now what this has to do with my recoil spring getting chewed up like a rim on a road without a tire i have no freking idea.
    I was simply pointing out that not everyone on the XDS forum is posting positive results. The problems that you listed are mentioned more than any others that I can think of. I have seen pictures of the chewed up spring assembly and it is disturbing to see a part of a gun get battered like that.

I'm just surprised that so many people are complaining about a gun that I have had absolutely no problems with. My 2012 Toyota Camry runs great by the way.

Light Strikes in Every Box of Ammo

I have had light strikes in every box of ammo. Anywhere from 1-6 light strikes in every box of 50 rounds. It happens with all 3 of my magazines, in random locations in the magazine. The light strikes show a very small dent that is located way off center, and the fired rounds have a nice, deep dent, not always perfectly centered, but moreso than the rounds that don't fire.

Last night was the first time I had any failure to feed problems, which happened twice, and one stovepiped. I don't limpwrist the gun, I can shoot this XDS one handed, left or right, without a light strike, so shooting it two-handed, fully locked out and having it light strike is contrary to the common limpwristing problem many people could legitimately complain about.

When it shoots, it shoots great, but I can't get the gun to stop malfunctioning in less than 100 rounds, which doesn't give me enough confidence to carry it yet. I have put 450 rounds through it, and it is getting ridiculous to be spending this much on ammo trying to proof out a bunch of theories that don't fix the problem.

I have contacted Springfield 3 times about the problem, but they only indicated cleaning it and relubing it, leaving it 'wet'. That didn't solve the problem, and I am still having problems after having sent it back to Springfield. They disassembled it, saw nothing wrong and re-lubed it. They test fired it and it worked; well yeah, I can get it to run for just a few mags, too, usually, but it will have a light strike within 100 rounds.

I normally love Springfield, and have shot them for 20+ years, so this is a frustrating and conflicting problem for me. But I am disappointed in Springfield's dismissing attitude about the problem. I also have a problem with the recoil assembly having nicks on the edge that even created burrs. I sent a picture of that to Springfield and was told it was normal. This was after the first 60 rounds.

The gun shoots straight and handles well, when it does shoot. It is the perfect concealed carry pistol with great features, and most people are having great luck with it, but mine so far is a lemon, and I am getting fed up with spending a pantload of money on ammo just to prove these theories aren't fixing the problem.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by douglanders View Post
    I have had light strikes in every box of ammo. Anywhere from 1-6 light strikes in every box of 50 rounds. It happens with all 3 of my magazines, in random locations in the magazine. The light strikes show a very small dent that is located way off center, and the fired rounds have a nice, deep dent, not always perfectly centered, but moreso than the rounds that don't fire.

Last night was the first time I had any failure to feed problems, which happened twice, and one stovepiped. I don't limpwrist the gun, I can shoot this XDS one handed, left or right, without a light strike, so shooting it two-handed, fully locked out and having it light strike is contrary to the common limpwristing problem many people could legitimately complain about.

When it shoots, it shoots great, but I can't get the gun to stop malfunctioning in less than 100 rounds, which doesn't give me enough confidence to carry it yet. I have put 450 rounds through it, and it is getting ridiculous to be spending this much on ammo trying to proof out a bunch of theories that don't fix the problem.

I have contacted Springfield 3 times about the problem, but they only indicated cleaning it and relubing it, leaving it 'wet'. That didn't solve the problem, and I am still having problems after having sent it back to Springfield. They disassembled it, saw nothing wrong and re-lubed it. They test fired it and it worked; well yeah, I can get it to run for just a few mags, too, usually, but it will have a light strike within 100 rounds.

I normally love Springfield, and have shot them for 20+ years, so this is a frustrating and conflicting problem for me. But I am disappointed in Springfield's dismissing attitude about the problem. I also have a problem with the recoil assembly having nicks on the edge that even created burrs. I sent a picture of that to Springfield and was told it was normal. This was after the first 60 rounds.

The gun shoots straight and handles well, when it does shoot. It is the perfect concealed carry pistol with great features, and most people are having great luck with it, but mine so far is a lemon, and I am getting fed up with spending a pantload of money on ammo just to prove these theories aren't fixing the problem.
    I had all the same problems,even sent it back for them to repair and it still would light strike
    Then I called them again and they said tough ****,you dont know how to shoot our 45,its "Special"
    Called my LGS when I buy lots of guns and told him the POS he sold me was a lemon,he gave me a full refund and
    said I was the second XDs he sold that would light strike......

The bottom line I wasted my time and Ill never buy Springfield again - What Springfield should have done was traded me out for another
    gun in full instead of being in denial that there XDs was 100%.....They can kiss my ass,I have a safe full of guns that shoot fine..

I feel your pain, sonnycrocket, and I'm trying to hunt down more of the problem areas because I love the features of the gun. I have gotten the same response, basically, which is what is really ticking me off. I can handle some problems with a new firearm, I had to send my brand new Ruger LCP back for stovepiping rounds, another intermittent but consistent problem in a box of ammo. Like this gun, I was breaking it in with round nose, full metal jacket, off the shelf factory ammo of all kinds, and none of them alleviated the problem. I sent it back, and they fixed it; they changed the recoil spring out with a lighter one and now it has run through almost 200 rounds with a failure.

If they don't fix it soon, I will be taking mine back, too. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that one or two idiots in the customer service dept is the reason they haven't cooperated yet. We'll see, I'll reply back to the forum when I get updates. For now, I will post some picturse of the damage. I can see what is going on, I just can't figure out what to do about it yet, especially if Springfield keeps refusing to replace parts.

Thanks for your reply. By the way, did you ever replace the XDS with another concealable 45? I have seen plenty of nice, small .45's, but most of them have lots of 'furniture' like large safety levers, high profile sights, exposed hammers, etc. that make concealment or drawing more cumbersome under stress.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links