Sigarms 232 - info

This is a discussion on Sigarms 232 - info within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone, have any firsthand information on the Sigarms 232? I am considering getting one for my wife and wanted to get some info before I ...

Thread: Sigarms 232 - info

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

Sigarms 232 - info

Anyone, have any firsthand information on the Sigarms 232? I am considering getting one for my wife and wanted to get some info before I got her excited about the weapon.

Any help would be appreciated.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    If your going to go .380 you might want to take a look at the Bersa .380. It's basicly the same design but IMHO has better features, alot of us here have wives with the Bersa and they all seem to pretty much love it, not to mention that the Bersa only costs about $200.

Some of the features are mag release on the side of the frame, not on the heel of the grip like the 232, it has a slide stop (some people love them, some don't) and still has a decoker.

The 232 is a fine gun, better than a Walther .380(IMHO) but the Bersa is a less expensive option and if you ask me one of the best .380s out there.

I but about 50 rounds through my uncles. It shot very well and like all Sigs the controls were buttery smooth. The 232 does have a slide lock but if I remember correctly you have to slingshot the slide to drop it. But don't worry there is very little pull on the spring and you only have to pull it a fraction of an inch to get it to release.

With the alloy frame it would make a great carry gun.

I handled (did not fire) a stainless P232 that one of the guys I work with carries off duty. He likes the weapon alot. The workmanship on the Sig was excellent....like most Sig products, and he said it has never had a malfunction. I'm considering one myself. I have no experience with the Bersa at all, and dont personally know anyone who owns one.

Sig 232

I've had one for about 2 years, great gun. Very accurate and reliable - have never had any issues with it. I use it to compete in IDPA BUG matches and do quite well with it. Great carry piece, get the night sights if you can go for the extra cash.

I have seen quite a few references to the Bersa on the site. It appears that the folks that have bought the Bersa have been very happy with it. Sounds like there are more than enough people who are willing to stake their life on the Bersa. Guess, I'll have her shoot both of them.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I have the older mod. P 230.
    Probably my most accurate handgun I own.

Due most likely to the fixed barrel.

The only thing I would change is the bottom of heel mag release.
    The P232 has the side mag. release.

I can highly recommend this sig., as too the Bersa,
    a lot of people carry them and swear by them.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Another nice thing I like about the 232, is the ability to convert to DAO, several Officers I know carry them in DAO for ankle guns or BUG's

I think the various features some would consider downsides have been pointed out, so I won't go over them. I had a 230 (taken by a burglar out on bond, but that's another story). At that time, there was no such thing as a Kahr or other small 9mm, so it made a lot of sense. It was more "hand friendly" than a PPK/S. If she is recoil shy, maybe the .380 is okay, but there are smaller guns out there that shoot 9mm now. Of course, one NICE thing about the 230 as far as size, it was light and sleek...it was very easy to shoot, enough room on the grips for a hand, low bore axis. It was a real natural pointer if ever there was one, at least in my hand.
    ADDED INFO-I forgot to mention, I can find cheap 9mm practice ammo, I don't know if there is any such thing as cheap .380 practice ammo. AND, the gun I had was blued with an alloy frame, much lighter than the stainless version (and what I'd pick if it's still made).
    Last edited by sheepdog; September 20th, 2006 at 05:55 AM. Reason: adding info

Recoil doesn't seem to be a problem, she shoots my USPc in .40 very well. I am just thinking that she needs something that she would be able to easily conceal in the future. I should probably have her shoot the Kahr in 9mm as well.

Links