xs 24/7 big dot

This is a discussion on xs 24/7 big dot within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to put night sights on my p226 carry gun. Whats everyone think about the ashley xs big dot sights? They look as if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xs 24/7 big dot

Question xs 24/7 big dot

I want to put night sights on my p226 carry gun. Whats everyone think about the ashley xs big dot sights? They look as if they would make getting shots off real fast in a stressfull situation , great flash sight picture. They do look like it may be hard to deliver an accurate shot. Is a 25 yard headshot out of the question?

2. Remove Ads

Head shot.

No, 25 yd head shots are not out of the question, you just have to bear down and concentrate. I've got big dots on a Kahr PM40 and on a Para CCW. Both still shoot fine, and they are quicker than the factory sights on both. The tritium is also brighter than other night sights I've tried.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

FWIW, I have had a set of BigDots on a G19 for a number of years and have had good luck with them. I find/found them fast, easy to aquire, and also great for beginning shooters (wife) to use. Also great for those of us over 40. They require a little more concentration past 15yds or so, but aren't designed as bullseye sights either. No problems with breaking vials either. Just install per the included instructions. Hope this helps.

The XS big dots are my favorite sights for carry and IDPA. I have no problems shots out to about 35 yards using my XS equipped 1911.
    The company is great too. I've used the customer service a couple of times and gotten 100% satisfaction with no hassle.

I also have 1 1911 with the 24/7 small dot. The front sight dot is half the size of the big dot but still easy to pick up. I prefer the BIG dot though, as my eyes don't seem to lock onto the small dot as fast as they used too.

Brownells sells XS products slightly less than retail if you plan to order them and install them yourself.

I spent the money on the Big Dots for my Kahr PM9...instead of bi-focals. After many rounds down range...IDPA and range practice, I know I made the right choice!

Very fast target aquisition and reasonable precision out to normal defensive pistol ranges. I think you will like them alot!

Lots of folks LOVE the Big Dot. I still prefer the Standard. I'm by no means "High-speed, low-drag", but I find that, shooting fast, I'm doing more pointing, with little real consciousness of the sight (but is the Big Dot more "instinctive"? Hmmmmm...). Rapid, aimed shots are more accurate for me with the Standard.

Given that "serious social work" is most likely to be closer than sighted shooting would allow, and that if I needed sights (spouse/child grabbed), I would need the most accuracy and speed I could get, I decided on Standard, after trying both.

I'm using the XS Big Dots on my Kahr and they are great for getting on target fast. You won't be shooting 1 hole patterns with them but at 25 yards I keep my group size less than 6" at combat speed. I am adding them to my Model 60 in the very near future. For CCW they are great.

Would you REALLY be looking at head shots at 25yds? Most defense activities are close and fast. How fast can you accurately place shots at less than 7 yds. I wish that I had the option of the XS sights on my duty H&K. I'd do it in a flash.

VIP Member
    I have the Big Dots on my USP compact and love them. They're fast acquisition and easy to see, which is great for poor-visioned people like me.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Betty, you're too young to have bad eyesight.

I may have to look into these for my Kahr MK9.

Sounds great! I may have to get the big dot for my carry gun. I'm starting a new job next week and they issue the Glock 22, they don't have night sights on them. That may be the first gun I put the big dot on if they let me.

I just got big dots on my 26 and it's a little tack driver.
    Attached Images

XS Sight Systems also make a smaller front dot night sight.

http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

The larger dot is mostly for "close encounters of the ugly kind."

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    HiVel, glad to see a shooter doing some practice at realistic ranges. I see the CC type shooters at the range with their targets set out as far as 25 yds, trying to shoot head shots and saying,"whatami doin' wrong ????

I got so that I have to go early now to be able to shoot at 3,7,and 10yards without someone coming over to ask,"hey man,why ya so close". Or,"I heard all that fast shootin',I figured that somebody might have a machine gun."(I shoot pairs and trips)

OBTW.........I've never seen a mans heart smaller than your group. Great shootin'. --------

Thanks RSSZ. I figure if the target is any farther then I've got time to make tracks outta there or get a rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links