Went to the local gun shop for a G26 and ended up buying a G36

This is a discussion on Went to the local gun shop for a G26 and ended up buying a G36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well left today to go gun shopping for a Glock 26. I got to the gun store and was looking at all the new Glocks. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Went to the local gun shop for a G26 and ended up buying a G36

Well left today to go gun shopping for a Glock 26. I got to the gun store and was looking at all the new Glocks.
    After alot of thinking and handling all the guns I decided to get a Gen 3 Glock 36.
    I had one years ago and the minute I held the one in the store I knew I wanted it.
    It is so funny that some of us go out for one thing and come out with some thing else.
    I still may get a G26 in a couple of months or so but the G36 will go into my carry rotation.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Great choice...i love the 36 (and 17, 19, 21, 26, 30 :-))

Distinguished Member
    If I was going to get a Glock, a 36 is definitely on the list. I had a chance to fire one at my gun club and did like it. I almost ended up with one before my trade for my M&P40c. I'm an M&P guy so I went that route instead. But perhaps I will sometime down the line. Congrats on the purchase.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Great choice. I too have a G-36 and its my easiest IWB carry. FWIW, my .02 are that firearm height and width are most important for ease of CCW. Sometimes I CCW the G-19, but its not as comfortable as the G-36, mainly because of the width difference. Though on paper the widths don't appear to be much different, I can feel the difference when I carry them IWB. I was also interested in the G-26, but the width is the same as the G-19's and that's why I chose the G-36.

Wish you the best with it.

Funny...I went in looking for a G36 and came home with a G26!
    Philly Boy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Congratulations on the new Glock.

I have both a 36 and a 26. Also a 19. The 36 is the newest arrival. I've only put 12 rounds through it. The DPX ammo arrived today. The 36 fits in all the G19 holsters which was a major feature. I bought the 36 instead of the 30SF because it's quite a bit thinner and I agree, thickness is a huge factor.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I did come close to buying the Glock 30 but the grip of the 36 was just too good.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I have both a G26 (Gen 4) and a G36 (Gen 3 cause they don't make a Gen 4 G36). I like both. The G26 is a bit smaller all around except in width and the G36 gets the nod there. I can shoot both well. When I venture out past the wire in the evening hours in particular, (going to Wally World at night for example) the G36 goes IWB. The G36 is, IMO ,an excellent choice for CCW...although if you are slight of build or puny in the grip area, beware, if you limp wrist it, it may not work well as your best option. I put Meps on mine, and i trust it 100%.

Good choice

I think you did well to choose the G36 over the G26. I personally have the G36, G19 and G23, and never bothered to buy a G26. I think a G19 is just as easy to conceal as a G26, and it fits my hand better. But the G36 gives you .45 caliber, which I prefer to 9mm. I think the first shot or two of .45 makes a stronger impression and is more likely to stop the fight than an equal dose of 9mm.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

congrats on the new 36. excellent choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Congratulations on the new Glock.

I have both a 36 and a 26. Also a 19. The 36 is the newest arrival. I've only put 12 rounds through it. The DPX ammo arrived today. . . .

Fitch
    Hi Fitch,

I would like to have your opinion on the DPX loads in your 36, if you don't mind? I'm using Federal HST's +P. They're "a little" snappier than non +P's. I read somewhere that the Fed HST +P's are more a marketing ploy than anything else because the HST 230gr cartridge is very good without being +P. But, there's a market for the +P, so they sell it.

Funny I was looking at both a 26 and 36, and ended up with a 33.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by eagle00 View Post
    Hi Fitch,

I would like to have your opinion on the DPX loads in your 36, if you don't mind? I'm using Federal HST's +P. They're "a little" snappier than non +P's. I read somewhere that the Fed HST +P's are more a marketing ploy than anything else because the HST 230gr cartridge is very good without being +P. But, there's a market for the +P, so they sell it.
    I'll post when I shoot them. Went to the range this AM but the thunderstorm had me coming home with no gunsmoke fix.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Funny I was looking at both a 26 and 36, and ended up with a 33.
    That was above average.

Fitch

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle00 View Post
    Great choice. I too have a G-36 and its my easiest IWB carry. FWIW, my .02 are that firearm height and width are most important for ease of CCW. Sometimes I CCW the G-19, but its not as comfortable as the G-36, mainly because of the width difference. Though on paper the widths don't appear to be much different, I can feel the difference when I carry them IWB. I was also interested in the G-26, but the width is the same as the G-19's and that's why I chose the G-36.

Wish you the best with it.
    It's funny how you think those minute measurements would not make a difference, but they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links