Do you modify your carry guns?

This is a discussion on Do you modify your carry guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently stock, but if I carry a 1911 I would do aesthetic and reliability jobs but not the trigger. In many guns trigger will be ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do you modify your carry guns?

Currently stock, but if I carry a 1911 I would do aesthetic and reliability jobs but not the trigger. In many guns trigger will be improved with shooting many rounds. I like to smooth em out that way.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I had a Crimson Trace on my bug, but it isn't really conducive to a left-handed carry, so I took it off, leaving the Trijicon Night Sights and 3.2 lb Ghost connector. My primary carry is equipped with a Crimson Trace, Leupold 7.5 mil deltapoint, and suppressor iron sights. I leave debate issues to those who like to argue.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The only thing I've modified is the sights. I sprayed some glow in the dark paint onto the dots so I can see better at night.

I can' think of or cite any cases where modified triggers came into play against the GG, but I'd rather not risk it. I haven't changed anything on my pistols. All I carry is Glocks and I really have no need to change anything on them at all.

The only pistol of mine I'm interested in changing anything on is my Taurus M85.. I'm not a fan of the grips that are on it. I don't wanna hijack the thread or anything, but if anybody has the same weapon and knows of a good place (good prices, good quality) that sells grip, please PM me about it.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Sought legal counsil

I;m just curious as to if anyone sought legal council first?

CJM
    My carry gun has a good trigger, but if it didn't and I could modify it to make it better, I would in a heartbeat, without concern about legal ramifications. A good shoot is a good shoot. I could possibly see it hurting you legally speaking if a ND had killed or injured someone, they could make the case the trigger job led to the ND, but in a self defense shooting I see a modified carry gun as a moot point.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I may be putting Trijicon night sights on my EDC next month but that's about it. Not the trigger that's for sure - potential legal complications.
    This what I did also, only the sights. and this is true about the trigger..I would not modify it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links